PK’s NBA Top 15 for week of Jan 30
PK's NBA Top 15 for week of Jan 30:
- Oklahoma City - Only an inexplicable three-point loss to lowly Washington separates the Thunder from a 12-game winning streak. Last week: 2
- Miami - LeBron James went for 35 points and 11 rebounds against Chicago, but he still has plenty of doubters. In the final seconds, he missed both free throws in a chance to ice the game. Last week: 5.
- Chicago - The Bulls only went 2-2 last week, suffering their first home loss this season to Indiana and then blew a chance to beat the Heat in Miami without the injured Luol Deng. Last week: 1.
- Denver - Before losing at home to the Clippers, the Nuggets had a six-game winning streak that included a sweep of a five-game road trip. Last week: 8.
- Atlanta - On a five-game road trip, the Hawks are 3-1 with a winnable game against Toronto remaining. Last week: 9.
- Philadelphia - The Sixers have eight wins by at least 20 points, more than they all of last season and twice as many as the Bulls and Heat, who have the second-most this season. Last week: 6.
- Clippers - As often happens when players have extra motivation, Chauncey Billups scored 32 points in the win over Denver in his first game at the Pepsi Center since being traded from his hometown team. Last week: 7.
- Indiana - The Pacers went 2-2 this week, including a huge win at Chicago, and still haven’t lost consecutive games. Last week: 4.
- Dallas - A sign of old age: Dirk Nowitzki returned after missing four games, but the Mavs are now without Jason Kidd for another week. Last week: 14.
- Houston - Only a six-point loss to Milwaukee stands in the way of a 10-game winning streak. Last week: 15.
- Utah - Is Gordon Hayward the hidden key to this team? The Jazz are 4-0 won he scores at least 15 points. Last week: 11.
- Portland - Marcus Camby had 20 rebounds against Phoenix, becoming the first player with at least 20 rebounds in 24 minutes or less since 1974. Last week: NR.
- San Antonio - In an overtime loss to Dallas, all five Spurs starters had a plus/minus of at least minus 6. Five reserves each had a positive plus/minus. Last week: 13.
- Lakers - After failing to do so in 13 games, the Lakers finally broke 100 points to beat Minnesota for only their second road win this season. Last week: 10.
- Orlando - Three consecutive losses and four out of five might mean Dwight Howard maybe won’t be the only coach or player to leave Orlando. After a 26-point loss to New Orleans, Howard called out his teammates for quitting. Last week: 3.