PK’s NBA Top 15 for week of Feb 6
PK's NBA Top 15 for week of Feb 6:
- Chicago - The Bulls went 4-3 without Luol Deng, who had 21 points and nine rebounds in his first game back. Last week: 3.
- Miami - LeBron James is 2-0 on Super Bowl Sunday with the Heat. And more importantly, Miami is only one game behind Chicago for the NBA’s best record. Last week: 2.
- Oklahoma City - The Thunder started a five-game road trip with an 11-point loss to San Antonio. The only home game in the next seven is against the Jazz on Valentine’s Day. Last week: 1
- Clippers - The Clippers started a six-game road trip by pasting Washington. They play 14 of their next 18 games on the road. Last week: 7.
- San Antonio - It’s rodeo time in the Alamo City. The Spurs start their annual trek out of town with nine-consecutive road games. Last week: 13.
- Philadelphia - Through the first 25 games, the Sixers have avoided any two-game losing streaks. Last week: 6.
- Indiana - Maybe this team doesn’t do celebrity well. With the Super Bowl and celebrities in town, the Pacers came up a half dollar short at home loss to Orlando in front of the immortal rapper 50 Cent. Last week: 8.
- Atlanta - After winning three consecutive games on the road, the Hawks went home and promptly lost two games. Last week: 5.
- Orlando - The roller-coaster ride continues. After losing four consecutive games, the Magic are on a three-game winning streak. Last week: 15.
- Lakers - If The Big Three don’t do it, nobody else will. After Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum, Matt Barnes is the next leading scorer at a lousy seven points a game. Last week: 14.
- Denver - Playing their third game in three nights, the Nuggets didn’t compete in the loss to Portland, prompting George Karl to say “Any time we play three games in three nights it should be a 40-minute game.” Last week: 4.
- Boston - Headed for the rest home at 5-9 on Jan. 20, the old-timers have rallied eight of their last nine games, with the only loss coming by one point to Cleveland. Last week: NR.
- Dallas - Who saw this coming – the Mavericks go on a losing streak and Mark Cuban blasts the officiating and gets fined $75,000. Last week: 9.
- Utah - The scalpers ought to be able to charge Karl Malone big money to get into see Friday’s showdown with Western Conference-leading Oklahoma City. Last week: 11.
- Portland - After missing two games with a knee injury suffered against the Jazz, Nicolas Batum scored 33 points on a team-record nine three-pointers. Last week: 12.