Cats Care Landing Page
The Charlotte Bobcats will bring positive and lasting change to our community through dynamic programming and a commitment to social responsibility in the areas of education, wellness and the fight against hunger.
Cats, Novant Host Clinic
The Bobcats partnered with Novant Health to host a free wellness clinic on August 17 with different screenings and wellness activities. Cats center Brendan Haywood also made a special appearance courtesy of the NBA Dribble to Stop Diabetes Inititiave. View the Gallery
Cats, Lowe's Grant Program
Bobcats Sports and Entertainment and Lowe’s have announced a new grant program that will award $50,000 annually for education-related refurbishment projects in Mecklenburg County. Grants will fund high-need projects at public schools and nonprofit education programs in the Charlotte area. Read the Release | Apply for a Grant
A Legacy at AU and HoopTee
Cats President and COO Fred Whitfield recently held his 29th-straight AU Basketball School and 11th Annual HoopTee Celebrity Golf Classic in Charlotte. Since its inception in 1984, the AU program has reached more than 10,000 student athletes, making it of one of the most impactful summer youth athletic programs in NC. Whitfield's Legacy with AU and HoopTee | AU Camp Gallery | HoopTee Gallery
Book Bus Unveiled
The Bobcats along with Lowe’s partnered to donate a full-service literacy bus that will encourage reading and learning programs for Charlotte-area youth between the ages of 5 and 13. The renovated school bus can hold approximately 3,000 books and will travel throughout the Greater Charlotte area to promote literacy. Read the Release | View Image Gallery | Watch the Video
Cats Care Day of Service
Cats Chairman Michael Jordan and FOX Sports Carolinas/SportSouth Senior VP & GM Jeff Genthner announced March 21 that the two organizations have partnered for a $200,000 sponsorship of the YMCA Y Achievers Program. Videos: Day of Service Recap | School Presentation | One-on-One with MJ | Player Involvement | Galleries: Day of Service Gallery | Day of Service Player Gallery | Read the Release | Players Show Cats Care
1. CCF reserves the right to restrict presentation of items donated for the event as space considerations and regulations permit.
2. Donors will assign the Fair Market Value (FMV) of the item.
3. Donor will provide contact information, if necessary, in which CCF can distribute to the winning bidder to claim the auctioned prize.
4. The receipt that the CCF issues to the successful bidder at the time of payment for the item will reflect both the amount paid and the donor’s estimated fair market value of the item.
5. All donors should consult with their tax accountants to determine the amount of deduction they are eligible to receive on their tax returns. CCF assumes no responsibility in establishing tax deduction values related to the Silent Auction.
6. Financial information about this organization and a copy of its license are available from the State Solicitation Licensing Branch at 919-807-2214. The license is not an endorsement by the State. t