Basketball Without Borders, Europe Fact Sheet
DATES:August 8 – 11
CAMPER PARTICIPANTSTop 50 players from over 25 European countries born 1994 or later
FIBA/NBA PLAYERS & COACHES PARTICIPANTS:
August 8 – 11, 2011
|Dalibor Bagaric||Croatia||Michael Curry||Philadelphia 76ers|
|Zarko Cabarkapa||Montenegro||Jack Sikma||Houston Rockets|
|Vlade Divac||Serbia||Jay Triano||NBA Coach|
|Predrag Drobnjak||Montenegro||Joe Wolf||Milwaukee Bucks|
|Bostjan Nachbar||Slovenia||Aaron Nelson***||Phoenix Suns|
|Rasho Nesterovic||Slovenia||Marin Sedlacek**||FIBA Coach (Serbia)|
|Milos Vujanic||Serbia||** Camp Director||*** Camp Trainer|
NBA Legend Vlade Divac, seen here playing for the Kings in 2001, was instrumental in the creation of the BWB program. In 2011, he returns as part of an illustrious cast of coaches and former players at BWB Europe -- many of whom participated in the original event in 2001. | Photo: NBAE via Getty Images
• Players selected by FIBA, NBA and participating federations
PRESS CONFERENCE & APPEARANCES:
• Press conferences will be scheduled to announce the camp and to answer questions from the local media.
• Autograph sessions and/or sponsor appearances for the FIBA/NBA participants can be worked into the schedule.
• Players will be divided into four teams.
• Each team will be coached by a FIBA/NBA Legend and a FIBA/NBA Coach.
• There will be daily clinics in the morning to teach fundamentals (passing, shooting, dribbling, one-on-one moves, offense, defense, etc.)
• Each drafted team will have designated time to practice their camp offense.
• Games will be scheduled for the afternoons and evenings and played in a “round robin” format.
• All participating players will be outfitted with Nike apparel and given a Nike gym bag containing mesh practice gear, socks and Nike shoes.
• The camp will be entirely open to the media and sponsors.
• The camp will be entirely open to pre-approved FIBA, NBA, NBDL coaches.
• The camp will be open to credentialed guests.
• The All Star Game will be entirely open to the public.
• The focus of the social responsibility efforts for Basketball without Borders Europe camp continues to be education, grassroots basketball development and health related issues.
• Social responsibility efforts are split into two categories. The first is Life Skills seminars, which are hour-long sessions held daily for the campers. The life skills seminars will run in the following schedule: Day 1 – Orientation, Day 2 – Overall Health and Wellness Awareness and Day 3 – Character and the Qualities of a Leader.
• The second category for community outreach is our local community events led by current and former FIBA/NBA players and coaches attending the camp.
• The camp also features a product donation for local non-government organizations (NGO’s) that include school supplies, toys, clothing, books, and other necessities.