BWB Americas Fact Sheet
DATES:July 29 – August 1
LOCATION:Rio De Janeiro, BRAZIL
CAMPER PARTICIPANTSTop 50 players from over 15 Latin American countries and Canada born 1993 or later
FIBA/NBA PLAYERS & COACHES PARTICIPANTS:
|Former FIBA/NBA Players*||Team||Country|
|Adonal Foyle||NBA Legend||USA|
|Allan Houston||NBA Legend||USA|
|Sam Perkins||NBA Legend||USA|
|Dominique Wilkins||NBA Legend||USA|
|Austin Ainge||Boston Celtics||USA|
|Kaleb Canales||Portland Trailblazers||Canada|
|Alex English||Toronto Raptors||USA|
|Alvin Gentry||New York Knicks||USA|
|Phil Weber||Phoenix Suns||USA|
|Will Sevening||San Antonio Spurs||USA|
|Gersson Rosas||Houston Rockets||Colombia|
*All players listed currently reside in Europe except for Toni Kukoc (USA) and Alex Radojevic (Canada)
Campers will get a chance to work with, among others, Dominique Wilkins -- one of the greatest players in the history of the NBA. | Photo: NBAE via Getty Images
• Players ages 18 and under.
• Players selected by FIBA, NBA and participating federations
PRESS CONFERENCE & APPEARANCES:
• Press conferences will be scheduled to announce the camp and to answer questions from the local media.
• Autograph sessions and/or sponsor appearances for the FIBA/NBA participants can be worked into the schedule.
• Players will be divided into 4 teams.
• Each team will be coached by an FIBA/ NBA Legend and a FIBA/NBA Coach.
• There will be daily clinics in the morning to teach fundamentals (passing, shooting, dribbling, one-on-one moves, offense, defense, etc.)
• Each pre-determined team will have designated time to practice their camp offense.
• Games will be scheduled for the afternoons and evenings.
• Individual and/or team shooting games will be incorporated into the daily schedule and be played for FIBA/NBA prizes.
• All participating players will be outfitted with NIKE apparel and given an NIKE gym bag containing mesh practice gear, shoes and socks.
• The camp will be entirely open to credentialed media and sponsors.
• The camp will be entirely open to credentialed FIBA, NBA, NBDL coaches.
• The camp will be closed to the public during the camp.
• The camp will be entirely open to the public for the All Star game.
• The focus of the daily community outreach efforts during Basketball without Borders Americas will focus on youth and family development, grassroots basketball and health related issues. The highlight of our community outreach will be the dedication of a newly revitalized basketball court following by a clinic for 60 children of the Complexo de Alemao Favela.
• Community outreach efforts will be lead by former FIBA/NBA Legends attending the camp.
• The camp also features a product donation for local non-government organizations (NGO’s) that include school supplies, toys, clothing, books, and other necessities.
• The camp will also feature life skills seminars led by FIBA/NBA Legends and the YMCA of Rio focusing on health related issues and drug abuse in sports.