2011-12 HEAT Season Ticket Renewal Process Underway
MIAMI, January 24 th - The Miami HEAT announced the official beginning of the process of renewing its Season Ticket Holders with the launch of the 2011-12 Season Ticket renewal campaign. As the most anticipated season in Miami HEAT history inches closer to the post season, the renewal campaign is designed to reward Season Ticket Holder loyalty by providing significant discounts on 2011 Playoff tickets and interest payments in the event of a work stoppage this summer. The renewal deadline is March 10, 2011.
HEAT Season Ticket Holders indicated that discounts on Playoff Tickets and interest payments on any future unplayed games were the two most important renewal drivers this year and so we crafted our renewal campaign accordingly, said Eric Woolworth, HEAT President of Business Operations. We are hoping for the best in terms of the collective bargaining agreement, but regardless of the outcome, we are prepared.
Personalized URL (PURL)
As part of this years renewal process, every HEAT Season Ticket Holder will receive a personalized URL (PURL)a private and customized website where account holders will be able to study their renewal options, compare their savings, enjoy video elements, renew their seats, and much more. The PURL simplifies the renewal process by organizing Season Ticket Holders account information online, enabling them to view their renewal options, payment options, invoice, and side-by-side comparisons in one place with a simple click of the mouse.
Option One: HEAT Loyalty Renewal Option
Season Ticket Holders who select the HEAT Loyalty Renewal option will be given the largest discount on 2011 Playoff tickets. By selecting the HEAT Loyalty Renewal option, Season Ticket Holders lock in their current Season Ticket price for the first two rounds of the 2011 Playoffs, a substantial savings over the individual game Playoff ticket price and those Season Ticket Holders who do not select the HEAT Loyalty Renewal option. Selecting this option also guarantees that Season Ticket Holders will pay the lowest price available for the 2011 Eastern Conference Finals and the 2011 NBA Finals games, should the HEAT advance to those Playoff rounds.
By selecting the HEAT Loyalty Renewal Option, Season Ticket Holders also agree to allow the team to keep their Season Ticket money in their HEAT accounts in the event of a work stoppage. These Season Ticket Holders will be rewarded with a 5% loyalty payment on the value of their seats for any preseason or regular season games missed.
The loyalty payment will be paid to Season Ticket Holders on a monthly basis in arrears for any preseason or regular season games missed during the 2011-12 season.
Option Two: Do Not Select HEAT Loyalty Renewal Option
Season Ticket Holders who do not select the HEAT Loyalty Renewal option will still receive a discount off the individual game price for all rounds of the 2011 NBA Playoffs, however, the price will be higher than the price of those Season Ticket Holders who select the Loyalty option.
If any preseason or regular season games are missed during the 2011-12 season or the entire season is cancelled, Season Ticket Holders selecting this renewal option will receive a refund plus a small interest payment (contingent on prevailing market rates) on a monthly basis in arrears for all games missed.
Season Ticket Holders will be offered the right to renew their Season Tickets at the prevailing market price at the time of renewal for the 2012-13 season without any interruptions in their benefits or seat location.
Option Three: Do Not Renew
Season Ticket Holders who elect not to renew their Season Tickets will still have the option to purchase 2011 Playoff tickets before they go on sale to the general public. However, they will have to purchase their 2011 Playoff tickets at the individual game playoff ticket price. In addition, all 16 possible Playoff home games will have to be paid up front and in full.
Early Bird Renewals
This years Early Bird Renewal deadline is February 17, 2011. Season Ticket Holders who renew by the Early Bird deadline will receive the following:
- Food and Beverage credits.
- An eight month extended payment plan.
- The chance to win two tickets to the 2012 NBA All-Star Game in Orlando.
Season Ticket Holders who renew by the Early Bird deadline and who select the HEAT Loyalty Renewal option will double the amount of their Food and Beverage credits.
A minor ticket price increase has been implemented across all pricing categories. The increase varies by seat location. Season Ticket Holders will be notified of their price increase when they receive their invoice, which they can access via the PURL.
The HEAT will continue to offer convenient payment options for Season Ticket renewals. Season Ticket Holders payment options include:
- 8-Month Extended Payment Plan (only available for Early Bird Renewal)
- 5-Month Payment Plan
- Pay in Full
All Renewed Season Ticket Holder Benefits
All HEAT Season Ticket Holders who renew for the 2011-12 season will continue to receive a variety of benefits including:
- Personal Season Ticket Services Representative whose #1 priority is to ensure
- A substantial savings vs. individual game ticket prices.
- Pre-sales for all 44 HEAT home games and the 2011 NBA Playoffs.
- Exclusive in-game opportunities such as Post-Game Player Meet and Greets, Hi-Five Tunnel and more.
- The Cheer Now, Pay Later program which lets Season Ticket Holders enjoy the 2011 NBA Playoffs at discounted prices without paying up front and in full.
- Payments for 2011 Playoff tickets are deferred until July 1, 2011.
- The opportunity to relocate or add seats to an account during the My HEAT Seat Relocation process (based on availability).
- The same seat in the same location all season long. Guaranteed.
- Exclusive Season Ticket Holder events with HEAT players, legends and coaches.
- Tenure-based discount off all purchases at Miami Hoops Gear stores.
- Pre-sales for the hottest shows at the AmericanAirlines Arena, such as Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, Usher, Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour By Cirque du Soleil, WWE Survivor Series and Disney on Ice.
- My HEAT Season Tickets online account management system that allows you to e-mail, print, or resell your tickets and earn renewal credit.
- My HEAT Season Ticket e-newsletter with breaking news, special offers, and exclusive invitations to events with HEAT players and coaches.
For assistance with the 2011-12 renewal process, Season Ticket Holders can call the renewal hotline at (786) 777-1400.
The Miami HEAT is proud to have ASSIST-CARD as the Presenting Sponsor for the 2010-11 season.