“White Hot Hoop Hunt” Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO ENTER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility. Contest is open only to legal residents of Miami-Dade, Monroe, Broward and Palm Beach Counties who are at least 18 years of age who have timely registered as described in Section 2 below. Employees and immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) of the Miami HEAT, the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., NBA Media Ventures, LLC and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, directors, owners, employees and agents (collectively, the “NBA Entities”) are not eligible to enter. Contest begins at 5:00 p.m. (EDT) on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 and ends at 12:00 p.m. (EDT) on Friday, June 20, 2014. Employees and the immediate families of employees of the Released Parties (as defined in Section 5 below) their affiliates and subsidiaries are ineligible. This Contest is subject to federal, state and local regulations.
2. How To Enter: To enter, participants must find the Miami HEAT White Hot basketball hoop hidden throughout Broward and Miami-Dade Counties in the metropolitan South Florida area; take a picture with the basketball hoop and to upload the picture to Instagram included hashtag #“WHITEHOTHOOP” and the number displayed on the basketball hoop (e.g. WHITEHOTHOOP16 or WHITEHOTHOOP12). Beginning at 10:00 a.m. following each 2014 playoff game the Miami HEAT wins, entrants who have signed up to receive messages from the Miami HEAT via Twitter and Facebook, will receive clues as to where to locate the hidden basketball hoop. Entrants may also receive the clues by visiting Gate 4 at the AmericanAirlines Arena (“Arena”) at any time during the Hoop Hunt Period (defined below). Clues will be made available via Twitter, Facebook and Gate 4 of the Arena, between approximately 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. (“Hoop Hunt Period”). Your photograph cannot: be obscene, offensive or appear unsafe or dangerous; defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about other people or companies; or contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others. No other method of entry is acceptable and multiple entries submitted by a single entrant will be void. Limit one entry per Hoop Hunt Period and/or person. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to these Official Rules.
3. Random Drawing and Prizes: One (1) “White Hot Hoop Hunt” Contest winner will be randomly selected on or about 5:00 p.m. following each Hoop Hunt Period from among all eligible entries received. Up to sixteen (16) winners will be selected provided the Miami HEAT continues to compete in the playoffs. IN THE EVENT THE MIAMI HEAT DO NOT ADVANCE IN A PARTICULAR SERIES OF THE 2013 NBA PLAYOFFS, THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL CONCLUDE AT THE END OF SUCH SERIES AND 16 WINNERS WILL NOT ULTIMATELY BE SELECTED. Drawing will be conducted by the Miami HEAT, whose decisions are final in all matters relating to this Contest. Each prize winner will be awarded a certificate for Twenty Five Thousand (25,000) American Airlines AAdvantage® Miles (ARV $497.50). (Total ARV $7,960). Limit: One (1) prize per Instagram account and/or person. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Miami HEAT’s sole discretion. Use limitations may apply and shall be solely determined by American Airlines. The Miami HEAT shall reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason; provided no such substitute prize shall be from American Airlines without its prior written consent. Odds of winning a prize depends on the number of eligible entries received. The “White Hot Hoop Hunt” Contest prize winner will be notified by via Facebook and/or Twitter. If the winner cannot accept a prize as specified by the Miami HEAT, prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Prize winner will be required to respond to the Facebook and/or Twitter notification within 24 hours indicating whether he/she can accept the prize and providing their contact information (including email, phone number and address). If no return call or email is received within the time allotted, an alternate winner will be selected. Further, the winner will be required to complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release within three (3) days of prize notification. In the event of prize winner forfeiture or disqualification, the Miami HEAT will only select an alternate winner once.
4. Limitation of Liability. Miami Heat Limited Partnership, the AmericanAirlines Arena, Basketball Properties, Ltd., National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., NBA Media Ventures, LLC, the County of Miami-Dade, and American Airlines, Inc. and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their directors, officers, employees and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for lost, late or misdirected mail, miscommunications, failed telephone, satellite or cable hardware or software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network. Entries become the property of the Miami HEAT and will not be returned or acknowledged. Entrants who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Contest, or act in violation of the Official Rules, or act in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person in relation to this Contest, as solely determined by the Miami HEAT, will be disqualified. Any attempt by a person to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and the Miami HEAT reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent of the law. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or any other persons’ property related to or resulting from participating in this Contest. The Miami HEAT shall resolve all disputes in its sole discretion. Entrants agrees to release, hold harmless and indemnify the Released Parties from and against any and all liability, losses, damages, rights, claims and causes of action (however named or described) of any kind resulting from or arising out of the participation in the Contest and/or the acceptance, possession, receipt or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage. No responsibility is assumed by any of the Released Parties hereunder for: any error, including typographical error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or any other problems in connection with the Contest, including, but not limited to, technical malfunctions in the posting of the rules on-line. Any trade names, trademarks or service marks shown as part of the materials associated with the Contest are the property of their respective owners. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
5. Publicity. Acceptance of the prize offered constitutes permission to use winner's name, biographical information, likeness and/or footage filmed of or by the winner in connection with the prize for purposes of advertising and promotion, and to sublicense, edit adapt, publish, distribute, display, reformat and reproduce your video, without further compensation as permitted by law by the Miami HEAT Limited Partnership, the AmericanAirlines Arena, the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., NBA Media Ventures, LLC and/or each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising/promotion agencies. Submission further constitutes participant’s irrevocable assignment, conveyance and transference to sponsor any and all right, title and interest in the video, including, without limitation, all copyrights.
6. Winners List: For the names of the winner: send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by July 19, 2014 to: “White Hot Hoop Hunt” Contest, 601 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami, Florida 33132, ATTN: Marketing.
7. Sponsor & Prize Provider. American Airlines, Inc. 4333 Amon Carter Boulevard, Fort Worth, Texas 76155.
American Airlines may, among other things, (i) withdraw, limit, modify, or cancel any award; (ii) change program benefits, mileage levels, participant affiliations, conditions of participation, rules for earning, redeeming, retaining or forfeiting mileage credit, or rules for the use of travel awards; or (iii) add travel embargo dates, limit the number of seats available for award travel (including, but not limited to, allocating no seats on certain flights) or otherwise restrict the continued availability of travel awards or special offers. American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantage® program and its terms and conditions at any time without notice, and to end the AAdvantage® program with six months notice. American Airlines may make any one or more of these changes at any time even though such changes may affect your ability to use the mileage credit or awards that you have already accumulated. AAdvantage® travel awards, accrued mileage credits and special offers are subject to government regulations. American Airlines is not responsible for products and services offered by other participating companies. For complete AAdvantage® program details, visit www.aa.com/aadvantage.
AAdvantage is a trademark of American Airlines, Inc.