Miami HEAT @ Milwaukee Bucks
Milwaukee Miami HEAT @ Milwaukee Bucks
Coverage begins at 8:30PM on Sun Sports
Your home for Miami HEAT basketball all season long!
Tonights broadcast is in HIGH DEFINITION. Sun Sports is proud to provide 74 regular season broadcasts this year. HEAT Basketball on Sun Sports is proudly presented by AT&T U-verse.
LAST HEAT GAME
MIAMI HEAT 101, MILWAUKEE BUCKS 89 (Tuesday): The Miami HEAT recorded their sixth win in a row with a 101-89 victory over the MilwaukeeBucks. LeBron James and Dwyane Wade scored eight first-quarter points apiece for the HEAT as they leapt out to a 26-20 lead after one. The HEATwere up double digits in the second period, but Milwaukee began a 23-6 run at the 6:52 mark and carried a 51-47 advantage at halftime. Bothdefenses clamped down in the third as the HEAT and Milwaukee shot 36.4 percent and 38.9 percent respectively as the HEAT reclaimed a 73-70lead after three. With Wade going off for 17 fourth-quarter points, the HEAT pulled out their 19th win in 20 contests. Wade led the HEAT with 34points, James scored 25 points & Chris Bosh notched a double-double with 19 points and 12 rebounds. John Salmons led Milwaukee with 18 points.
TONIGHTS MATCHUP: Bucks @ HEAT
SERIES NOTES: The HEAT and Bucks meet for the third of four match-ups this season and the second time in back-to-back games for the HEAT. The HEAT lead the season-series, 2-0. Last season, Milwaukee won the season-series, 3-1. The HEAT is 52-30 all-time versus the Bucks in the regular season. The 52 overall wins are the third-most Miami has recorded against an opponent (Washington-64 and New Jersey-52). The HEAT is 26-16 in games played in Milwaukee and 26-14 in games played in Miami. Additionally, the HEAT has recorded at least one victory in Milwaukee in each of the last six seasons.
MILWAUKEE BUCKS NOTES
Milwaukee (13-20) is third in the Central division, trailing division leader Chicago by 9.5 games.
Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, Ersan Ilyasova, Andrew Bogut, John Salmons and Keyon Dooling are the probable starters.
- Salmons has scored in double digits in the past nine games and in 13 of the past 15. Over the nine most recent games, he leads the Bucks in scoring with 17.9 points and has shot 51.5 percent (17-33) from 3-point range while pulling down 3.2 rebounds and handing out 3.4 assists.
- The Bucks bench has outscored the opponents bench in each of the past four contests by an average of 37.3-24.8 (149-99).
- The Bucks have committed just nine turnovers, one off their season-low of eight, in each of their last two games. So far this season, the Bucks are averaging 13.7 turnovers (ninth in the NBA), while forcing their opponents into 15.3 turnovers (eighth).
MIAMI HEAT NOTES
Miami (28-9) is first in the Southeast division.
LeBron James, Chris Bosh, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Dwyane Wade and Carlos Arroyo are the probable starters.
- The HEAT has won 11 straight games on the road. The 11-straight road wins ties for the second-best road streak in franchise history. Additionally, Miami is the only team in NBA history to record three separate 11-game road winning streaks.
- James is one block shy from recording his 500th career block; Wade is only five short from that same mark.
- Wade, James and Bosh combined to score 78 points on Tuesday against Milwaukee, their 13th game this season in which they combined to score at least 75 points, going 12-1 over that span.
- Wade (25.0 points) and James (24.8 points) lead the HEAT in scoring and rank fifth and sixth, respectively, in NBA scoring.
SUN SPORTS BROADCAST NOTES
Tonight on the broadcast, veteran HEAT Broadcasters Eric Reid and Tony Fiorentino welcome you to frigid Milwaukee where the temperature is expected to be 8 degrees at game time. Our Marines leader board tonight will take a look at the coldest temperatures in the NBA tonight. Stay warm Miami!
In the Sun Sports Spotlight, Emmy-winning host and reporter Jason Jackson tells us how Corey Maggette bounced back from a rough shooting night in Miami to score 21 points in the Bucks loss to Orlando the following game. Jax will also place current Bucks announcer Jon McGlocklin in the KIA Card. McGlocklin had his #14 jersey retired in 1976 by the franchise and was the leading scorer on the original expansion team in 1968-69 and the Bucks first All Star.
Our Toyota Trend focuses on some of the top players from the University of Miami who have made it to the NBA, with Bucks guard John Salmons and HEAT swingman James Jones among them. The AT & T Poll Question asks which HEAT franchise record is this team most likely to challenge: overall wins, consecutive wins, consecutive road wins or consecutive home wins?
At halftime we continue our My Number series with the man who returns to his Marquette roots. Dwyane Wade will tell us why he wears the # 3. And of course be sure to stay tuned for the most comprehensive post game in the business as HEAT LIVE gets you onto the court and into the locker rooms with all kinds of postgame analysis and interviews.
NEXT SUN SPORTS/HEAT BROADCAST
The next Miami HEAT broadcast on Sun Sports will be Sunday night, at 9:00 PM when the HEAT continue their five-game road trip and face LaMarcus Aldridge and the Portland Trail Blazers.