Miami HEAT Opening Night 2012
MIAMI, October 29 – The defending NBA Champion Miami HEAT will open the 2012-13 season on Tuesday, October 30, 2012 when they host their Eastern Conference rivals, the Boston Celtics. HEAT fans will enjoy a variety of activities and see a number of upgrades and improvements at AmericanAirlines Arena as the team embarks on its 25th Anniversary season.
Opening Night Activities
• Doors open at 6:00 p.m. to ensure all fans have enough time to make it to their seats by 7:00 p.m., when a spectacular, fan-interactive Championship Ring Ceremony is scheduled to begin.
• The night will be highlighted by the raising of the Championship banner as well as the premiere of the 2012-13 Player Introduction Sequence.
• Fans are encouraged to pick up their free copy of the special 72-page collector’s edition of Tipoff, the game day program.
• The festivities will also include the debut of the Jostens Championship Ring Merchandise Collection, which will be available for purchase throughout the concourses immediately following the Ring Ceremony.
• Fan favorite, 11-year-old Julia Dale, will sing the National Anthem.
• The team will pay tribute to HEAT history by airing a 25th Anniversary vignette in-game, as well as on radio and on HEAT.com—as part of a season-long campaign.
• Limited tickets are still available for Opening Night and can be purchased online at HEAT.com.
AmericanAirlines Arena: Enhancing the Guest Experience
The AmericanAirlines Arena has implemented a number of improvements and upgrades to enhance the in-arena experience for all guests, including:
• The formal unveiling of Hyde AmericanAirlines Arena, an exclusive nightclub and restaurant which takes the VIP experience to a whole new level.
• Upgrades to the Dewar’s Clubhouse including a more modern, sophisticated look, new seating, tables, chairs and a new bar on the South end.
• Levy Restaurants, the official food and beverage provider of the AmericanAirlines Arena, has added new kitchens to the Flagship lounges and has provided a major equipment overhaul to the main kitchen. HEAT fans won’t necessarily “see” these upgrades, but they’ll certainly taste the difference.
• New and delicious signature items will debut in the concession stands.
• The addition of two Rosa Mexicano carts on the 100 Level.
• A mixology cart has been added to the Dewar’s Suite Level featuring unique and freshly-made cocktails.
• Two full size bars have been added to the 400 Level—one on each side.
• The gluten free cart has added vegetarian and vegan menu options.
• “1,000 Detail Training” – improved hiring and training processes have been implemented to provide even better guest service.