HEAT Celebrate 2011 Noche Latina
Game Presentation and Activities to Have a Latin Flair * HEAT Players to Wear Special El HEAT Jerseys
MIAMI, March 9th The 2010-11 season marks the fifth year the Miami HEAT will celebrate the NBA’s Noche Latina initiative. The Noche Latina program is the NBA’s annual celebration honoring both players and fans alike who hail from Latin American countries. The Miami HEAT will continue to celebrate the Noche Latina initiative at AmericanAirlines Arena, which they began with the March 6th game against the Chicago Bulls, during the March 10th Los Angeles Lakers game and the March 14th San Antonio Spurs game. The HEAT’s 2011 Noche Latina program is presented by Pepsi and T-Mobile, with additional support from Café Bustelo, Goya and UnitedHealthcare.
During the Noche Latina games, South Florida’s cultural vibrancy will be highlighted with Latin-themed music, performances, and in-game activities, which include:
- Special live performance throughout the games by the percussionist group, Miami HEAT Rhythm Section.
- Miami HEAT Dancers Latin routines/performances.
- Dr Pepper will host its “night club trailer” on the South East corner of the AmericanAirlines Arena featuring DJ Nino, Dr. Pepper product samplings, Pitbull CD giveaways and more.
- Activities on East Plaza sponsored by T-Mobile during pre-game and halftime of the March 10th game, including live music by Danger Flow, domino tables, HEAT Dancer autographs, food and drink carts and more.
- Crazy Andy’s Item of the Game will be a special “EL HEAT” t-shirt.
The 2011 Noche Latina uniform is a black HEAT uniform featuring “EL HEAT” on the front. The HEAT will wear a dark uniform at home while the visiting teams will wear their white home uniforms featuring “Los Lakers” and “Los Spurs” on their respective nights during the Noche Latina games.
The Miami HEAT is proud to have ASSIST-CARD as the Presenting Sponsor for the 2010-11 season.