HEAT to Celebrate 2010 Noche Latina
Game Presentation and Activities to Have a Latin Flair * HEAT Players to Wear Special El HEAT Jerseys
MIAMI, 3/16 – The 2009-10 season marks the fourth year the Miami HEAT will celebrate the NBA’s Noche Latina initiative and for the first time in franchise history, one of its players will be headlining the activities. HEAT guard Carlos Arroyo, a graduate of Miami’s Florida International University with Puerto Rican roots is the first Latin American player to play for the club. The Noche Latina program is the NBA’s annual celebration honoring both players and fans alike who hail from Latin American countries. The Miami HEAT will celebrate the Noche Latina initiative during the following two upcoming home games: the San Antonio Spurs on Tuesday, March 16 and the Orlando Magic on Thursday, March 18. Café Bustelo, Goya, International Finance Bank and the Miami Herald/El Nuevo Herald are the official sponsors of the HEAT’s 2010 Noche Latina program.
“Because Miami has the largest Hispanic fan base in the NBA, for us, every night is a Latin night,” said Eric Woolworth, President of Business Operations for The HEAT Group. “Now that we have Carlos on our roster, we have a direct conduit to our Hispanic fans–we’ve come full circle.”
The March 16 and March 18 games will celebrate South Florida’s cultural vibrancy with Latin-themed music, performances, and in-game activities, which include:
- Cover of Tipoff magazine featuring Carlos Arroyo draped in a Puerto Rican flag.
- Special Carlos Arroyo pre-game video address.
- A special introduction sequence featuring local Cuban-American rapper, Pitbull.
- Special live performance by Latin Jazz percussionist Tito Puente, Jr. during Player Introductions.
- Carlos Arroyo check presentation to local Hispanic community organizations at halftime.
- Miami HEAT Dancers Latin routines/performances.
- Salsa dancers on the East Plaza at halftime hosted by Univision Radio’s La Kalle 98.3 FM.
- Crazy Andy’s Item of the Game will be a special “EL HEAT” t-shirt.
- Special in-game video feature hosted by Enrique Santos, radio host for Univision Radio’s LA Kalle 98.3 FM.
The 2010 Noche Latina uniform is a black HEAT uniform featuring “EL HEAT” on the front. With the HEAT wearing a dark uniform at home, both the visiting Spurs and Magic will wear their home white uniform during these two games.
Tickets for both the March 16 and March 18 games are still available and can be purchased online at HEAT.com.
The Miami HEAT is proud to welcome Assist-Card as the Presenting Sponsor for the 2009-10 season.