2008-09 HEAT Season Ticket Renewal Process Underway
Club Once Again Offers Multi-Year Renewal Option; Early Bird Renewers To Receive Exclusive Commemorative HEAT Watch; Every Renewed Account To Be Entered To Win Experiential and Financial Sweepstakes Prizes;
Uptown Ticket Prices Lowered or Frozen; Lower Bowl Pricing Sees Minimal Increases
Miami, FL – 02/24 The Miami HEAT announced today the official beginning of the process of renewing its Season Ticket Holders with the launch of the 2008-09 Season Ticket renewal campaign.
“I AM” Season Ticket Renewal Campaign Theme
The renewal campaign is based on the simple statement “I AM” which is designed to get HEAT Season Ticket Holders to stand up and declare their loyalty to their Miami HEAT. Going forward, the statement expands to reveal its true meaning: “I AM…A True Miami HEAT Season Ticket Holder.” The campaign emphasizes the emotional bond Season Ticket Holders share not only with the team and the HEAT organization, but with a unique community of other devoted Season Ticket Holders.
The “I AM” campaign features a series of portrait-style photos of HEAT Season Ticket Holders holding a card that says “I AM” coupled with Miami HEAT-related profiles of the Season Ticket Holders affirming their “I AM” status. HEAT players and coaches are also featured holding the “I AM” card. The “I AM” campaign will be executed across multiple platforms including the annually anticipated renewal booklet, prevalent in-arena messaging, in-game features and activities, incredible sweepstakes prizes, gifts and experiences, the distribution of “I AM” t-shirts to renewed Season Ticket Holders, a full “I AM” internet sub-site on the My HEAT Season Tickets portion of HEAT.com, and an exclusive DVD presentation featuring interviews with HEAT Managing Partner Micky Arison, HEAT President and Head Coach Pat Riley, and HEAT players Dwyane Wade, Shawn Marion, Alonzo Mourning, Udonis Haslem, Dorell Wright, Daequan Cook and Marcus Banks.
HEAT Season Ticket Holders may once again select from a Three-Year renewal option or the more traditional One-Year renewal. The Three-Year renewal option provides the lowest ticket prices and allows Season Ticket Holders to lock-in their prices during the three-year period, guaranteeing cost certainty. Both the Three-Year and One-Year renewal options offer significant cost savings over individual game and partial plan ticket prices.
Current HEAT Season Ticket Holders must renew their seats by Friday, March 21, 2008. Season Ticket Holders renewing by the March 21 deadline will recognize substantial cost savings over individual game regular season and playoff ticket prices. All renewing Season Ticket Holders have the opportunity to improve their seat location via the My HEAT Seat Relocation process and, most importantly, maintain their hold on the hottest ticket in town. The Early Bird renewal deadline is Friday, March 7, 2008. All Season Ticket Holders who renew their seats by the Early Bird deadline will receive a limited edition, commemorative 20th Anniversary HEAT wristwatch made exclusively for Early Bird renewers.
The HEAT will continue to offer convenient payment options for Season Ticket renewals. Season Ticket Holders may:
Pay in Full
- Select the Three-Year Renewal option and receive an additional 4% discount on the overall cost of their Season Ticket package.
- Select the One-Year Renewal option and receive an additional 2% discount on the overall cost of their Season Ticket package.
Choose the NEW Extended Monthly Payment Plan
- Three-Year Renewal option now pays by credit card in 24 consecutive, INTEREST-FREE monthly installments (formerly 18 months).
- One-Year Renewal option now pays by credit card in 8 consecutive INTEREST-FREE monthly installments (formerly 6 months).
Season Ticket Holders who are seated in Uptown and renew their seats will benefit from either frozen or lowered pricing. Pricing on the 300 Level will remain the same for the 2008-09 season, while pricing on the 400 Level will be lowered to a fan-friendly $20.00 season ticket for all seats in the first three rows. The remaining 400 Level seating will be priced at $10.00 per seat, returning the balconies to the “pricing for everyone” philosophy.
For Season Ticket Holders seated in the 100 Level, minimal ticket price increases ($1.00 - $5.00) were implemented across all ticket price categories.* Please see the Pricing Guide in the Renewal Booklet for a complete listing of all ticket prices for the 2008-09 season.
The HEAT has scheduled the following activities to motivate Season Ticket Holders to renew their Season Tickets.
Speak to the HEAT: A Season Ticket Holder Exclusive Town Hall Meeting
The HEAT will host a “town hall” meeting where Season Ticket Holders will have the opportunity to ask questions to HEAT Managing General Partner Micky Arison, HEAT President and Head Coach Pat Riley and HEAT President of Business Operations, Eric Woolworth. The Town Hall meeting will feature HEAT broadcasters interacting with the audience to facilitate their questions. The “town hall” meeting is a Season Ticket Holder exclusive event with no media invited to attend.
In-Game Player Moments
Each game during the renewal period, a select group of renewed Season Ticket Holders will participate in exclusive on-court activities including standing in the National Anthem lineup with the players, Season Ticket Holder kids participating in the on-court fan tunnel, and opportunities to serve as a “ballboy” / “court attendant.”
Micky Arison and Alonzo Mourning “Host” a Series of Suite Nights
The Season Ticket Services and Retention department will host a pre-game reception in one of the party suites, inviting a select group of Season Ticket Holders to mingle with Micky Arison and Alonzo Mourning during several games during the renewal period.
*Season Ticket Holders whose current three-year contracts are set to expire at the end of this season will see higher price increases to “catch them up” to current pricing levels.
“Direction of the Team” DVD
Every Season Ticket Holder will receive a DVD presentation including a series of interviews hosted by Eric Reid that discuss the future direction of the Miami HEAT. Reid will interview HEAT personnel including Micky Arison, Pat Riley, HEAT Vice President of Basketball Operations Andy Elisburg, HEAT players Dwyane Wade, Shawn Marion, Alonzo Mourning, Udonis Haslem, Dorell Wright, Daequan Cook and Marcus Banks. Portions of the interview sessions will also be aired on Sun Sports during the renewal period.
All Season Ticket Holders who renew their Season Tickets by the March 21 deadline will be entered into an exclusive sweepstakes offering the winners exciting experiential prizes and creative economic rewards. At all home games during the renewal period (February 23 - March 21), the HEAT will conduct an on-court promotion allowing randomly selected renewed Season Ticket Holders to choose a prize contained in special “I AM” envelopes. The earlier a Season Ticket Holder renews, the greater their chances of being randomly selected to participate in the “I AM” sweepstakes promotion. The sweepstakes prizes include:
- Two Free Lifetime HEAT Season Tickets (1 winner)
- Miami HEAT All Access Player Lounge Night (20 Guests; 1 winner)
- Miami HEAT All Access Basketball Game (16 Guests; 1 winner)
- Miami HEAT to Pay Your Property Taxes ($5,000; 1 winner)
- Miami HEAT to Pay Your FPL Bill ($4,000; 1 winner)
- Free AmericanAirlines Arena Garage Parking in the VIP Parking Lot (P1) for the 2008-09 Season (1 winner)
- HEAT Post-Practice Player Meet & Greet (15 winners)
- “Broadcaster for a Game” with Eric Reid and Tony Fiorentino (1 winner)
- Road Trip to Watch the HEAT @ Washington Wizards Game on April 4, 2008 (includes airfare, lodging and game tickets; 5 winners)
- $1,000 Grocery Gift Card (5 winners)
- $1,000 Miami Hoops Gear Shopping Spree (1 winner)
- Free Food and Beverage Concession for the 2008-09 Season (10 winners)
- Free AmericanAirlines Arena Garage Parking (P2) for the 2008-09 Season (2 winners)
- Free 42” Plasma TV from Brandsmart USA (1 winner)
- Free Seven Day Cruise on Carnival Cruise Lines (1 winner)
- One Week at Miami HEAT Basketball Camp or HEAT Dancer Camp during the 2008 Summer (15 winners)
- $500 Gift Package from Beverly’s Jewelers (1 winner)
- $200 Gasoline Gift Card (20 winners)
- $200 Dunkin’ Donuts Gift Card (1 winner)
- Gatorade “G2” Drink for One Year (1 winner)
- Papa John’s Pizza for One Year (1 winner)
- $250 Gift Card to Morton’s Steakhouse (1 winner)
- Free One Year Membership to 24 Hour Fitness (1 winner)
The HEAT Experience. Feel it. Live!
The renewal campaign will also reintroduce the team’s overall brand philosophy—The HEAT Experience. Feel It. Live!— which consists of engaging HEAT players and fans in unique and interesting ways in a manner which fosters a deeper connection between the team and its fans. The team will incorporate many interactive opportunities over the summer months and into the following season including outings with players, coaches, Basketball Operations staff and small, intimate gatherings with players, coaches, executives and / or Season Ticket Holders.