March 6, 2018 Miami HEAT Shoe Giveaway Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO ENTER AND MEET ALL OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility. The March 6, 2018 Miami HEAT Shoe Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at approximately 10:00 a.m. EST on March 6, 2018, and ends at 5:00 p.m. EST on March 9, 2018(the “Entry Period”). Eligible entrants must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and be a lawful resident of the United States. Employees of, and the immediate family members of employees of the Released Parties (as defined in Section 4), their affiliates and subsidiaries, are ineligible. This Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state and local regulations.
2. How to Enter. Follow the official Instagram page of Court Culture, @CourtCulture, if you have not already done so. Then, find the photo posted on the official Instagram page of Court Culture, @CourtCulture on March 6, 2018 at approximately 10:00 a.m. EST that is marked with #HEATVICE, and, from your public, unlocked Instagram account, comment on that photo with your US shoe size and mention one (1) friend in your comment using your friend’s Instagram name. Once you successfully comment on the photo as described in the preceding sentence, you will be automatically entered to win. To be eligible, your comment must not infringe on the privacy or intellectual property rights of any third party, or be obscene or offensive in any way, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Each entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the natural person assigned to the Instagram account associated with the entry. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entries are permitted. Sponsor discourages the creation of multiple accounts. Limit one (1) entry per person. No other method of entry is acceptable. By participating in the Sweepstakes, participant agrees to be bound by all the Official Rules of the Sweepstakes.
3. Drawing and Prize. After the conclusion of the Entry Period on or about March 9, 2018, two (2) winning entries will be randomly selected by Sponsor from among all eligible entries. The winners will each receive one (1) pair of custom-made Air Jordan 1 shoes (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $2,200). Each winner will also choose to receive either: (a) a collection of Men’s Court Culture merchandise; OR (b) a collection of Women’s Court Culture merchandise (ARV: $226 - $280). Total ARV of all prizes: $4,852 - $4,960. The actual value may vary and Sponsor is not responsible for any difference between the actual value and ARV. The specific merchandise will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Eligibility will be determined in accordance with these rules by the Sponsor, whose decisions are final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of participating eligible entrants. Winners will be contacted by Direct Message via Instagram. Winners must respond to such message within one (1) hour or else he or she will forfeit the prize. In the event of non-responsiveness as described in the preceding sentence, or noncompliance within any of these rules, the prize will be forfeited in connection with the relevant entrant. The potential winners may be required to complete, sign, and return an affidavit of eligibility, and/or a liability and publicity release, within twenty-four (24) hours of prize notification. In the event that no eligible entries are submitted, the Sponsor will not give away the prize. In the event of prize winner non-responsiveness, forfeiture, or other disqualification, the Sponsor will only select an alternate winner three (3) times. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize or any portion thereof should become unavailable for any reason.
4. Limitation of Liability. Miami Heat Limited Partnership, the Miami HEAT, the AmericanAirlines Arena, Basketball Properties, Ltd., Miami-Dade County, City of Miami, the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., NBA Media Ventures, LLC, Court Culture, LLC, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their directors, officers, employees and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for lost, late or misdirected mail, miscommunications, entries, failed telephone, satellite or cable hardware or software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. Entrants who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Sweepstakes, or act in violation of the Official Rules, or act in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person in relation to this Sweepstakes, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be disqualified. Any attempt by a person to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent of the law. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or any other persons’ property related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes. The Sponsor will resolve all disputes in its sole discretion. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each participant agrees to release, hold harmless and indemnify the Released Parties from and against any and all liability, losses, damages, rights, claims and causes of action (however named or described) of any kind resulting from or arising out of the participation in the Sweepstakes and/or the acceptance, possession, receipt or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage.
No responsibility is assumed by any of the Released Parties hereunder for any error, including typographical and/or technological error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of electronic data; or any other problems in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, technical malfunctions in the posting of the rules on-line or the functionality of any website or web or other digital service. Any trade names, trademarks or service marks shown as part of the materials associated with the Sweepstakes are the property of their respective owners. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
The Sponsor is not responsible if the Sweepstakes cannot take place as planned, in whole or in part, or if the prize cannot be awarded, due to acts of God, war, natural disasters, weather, acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, lockouts, other labor disputes, fire, acts of government, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or other events outside of the reasonable control of the Sponsor (each a “Force Majeure Event”). If the Sweepstakes cannot take place as planned, in whole or in part, or if the prize cannot be awarded due to a Force Majeure Event, or if a Force Majeure Event corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes, the prize(s), or any portion thereof. Sponsor reserves the right to modify and amend these Official Rules from time to time for clarification purposes.
5. Publicity. Entry into the Sweepstakes and/or acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to use winners’ name, voice, biographical information and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and promotion and/or publicity purposes in all forms of media and by all manners (now and hereafter known), and on and in connection with related products, services, advertising and promotional materials (now known or hereafter developed) without further compensation and/or authorization as permitted by law by the Released Parties and/or each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising/promotion agencies (collectively the “Publicity Parties”).
7. Governing Law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any participant and/or entrant, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Florida, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Florida.
8. Sponsor. Miami Heat Limited Partnership, 601 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami, Florida 33132.
9. Winners List. For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by April 15, 2018 to: Miami HEAT, ATTN: Social Media, “March 6, 2018 Miami HEAT Shoe Giveaway,” 601 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami, Florida 33132.