13th Miami HEAT Learn & Play Center
MIAMI - On March 11th 2014, the Miami HEAT unveiled its renovated 13th Miami HEAT Learn & Play Center. Miami HEAT players Michael Beasley and Greg Oden joined a host of dignitaries at Branches located at 11500 N.W. 12th Avenue in Miami. Alongside presenting sponsor and longtime HEAT community partner Florida Blue, the HEAT renovated the reading room and computer lab and enhanced the room with new paint, wall graphics, Samsung Galaxy tablets, a Samsung television and furniture. The unveiling was part of the franchise’s ongoing commitment to improving the South Florida community.
The attendees who joined Beasley and Oden at the unveiling included the following:
- Michael McCullough, Executive Vice President & CMO, The HEAT Group
- Michael Baiamonte, Miami HEAT In-Game Announcer (Emcee)
- The Miami HEAT Dancers & Burnie
- Patrick J. Geraghty - Chairman and CEO, Florida Blue
- Penny Shaffer, South Florida Market President, Florida Blue
- Brent McLaughlin, Executive Director, Branches
- Miami-Dade County Deputy Mayor, Russell Benford
- Jean Monestime, Miami-Dade County Commissioner
A press conference kicked off the event followed by a ribbon-cutting ceremony. Afterward, HEAT players and sponsors interacted with the students, who are affiliated with Branches in the new HEAT Learn & Play Center.
This Learn & Play Center unveiling represented the latest activity from the Miami HEAT under the “NBA Cares” initiative.