Atlanta Hawks Hometown Home Opener Contest 2. SPONSORS. Atlanta Hawks, L.P., Centennial Tower, 101 Marietta Street, Suite
1900, Atlanta, GA 30303.
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY 1. ELIGIBILITY. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter or win. The “Atlanta Hawks Hometown Home Opener Contest” (“Contest”) is open to legal residents of the state of Georgia and the US, who are at least 14 years of age, reside within 75 miles of the City of Atlanta, and have Internet access as of 12:00 PM EST October 2, 2012, the date and time the Contest is first made known to the public. Employees and their immediate families (spouses, siblings, children, household members and the spouses and children of the foregoing) of Atlanta Hawks, L.P. (“AHLP”) (the “Sponsors”), Atlanta Hawks Management, LLC, Arena Operations, LLC, Atlanta Spirit LLC, the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams (“NBA”), NBA Properties, Inc., and their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, directors, officers, members, partners, trustees, franchisees, governors, agents, owners, shareholders, participating vendors, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies and affiliated entities employees and each of their respective families (spouses, siblings, children, household members and the spouses and children of the foregoing) (collectively, the “Sweepstake Entities”) are not eligible to enter the Contest. By entering the Contest, participants agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these Official Rules and Regulations. Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Some restrictions apply. Void wherever prohibited or restricted by law. If you are under 18, you must have the written consent of your parent or legal guardian to enter.
3. HOW TO ENTER. Contest runs from 12:00 PM EST October 2, 2011– 5:00 PM EST October 26, 2012 (the “Entry Period”). To enter, during the Entry Period, eligible participants need to go to Hawks.com, fill out the entry form in its entirety, and anser the question “Who would you bring to the Hawks Home Opener and Why?” on the form provided (“Submission”). By submitting a Submission, each entrant (i) warrants that it is an original Submission created by the entrant; and (ii) grants Sponsor and its designees the perpetual, unlimited, non-exclusive, transferable, worldwide and irrevocable right to modify, create derivative works of, edit, post, publish and/or otherwise use the Submission and all elements embodied therein, including any names and likenesses, in any manner and in any and all media now known or hereafter developed, without further compensation, notification or permission. To be eligible, a Submission must: (1) be entrant’s own original work that has not been submitted to any other third party, including any other contest ; (2) be owned by entrant; (3) be non-confidential; (4) have been legally created; and (5) if the Submission includes other individuals they (or, if minors, their parents or legal guardians) must provide permission to the entrant to submit the Submission in the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to require proof of permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor. All potential Entrants who are not 18 at the time of submission will be required to have consent from a legal guardian prior to being eligible to enter. Limit: one (1) entry per person. In the event of a dispute about the identity of an online entrant, each online entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry as determined by Sponsors. All entries must be submitted by 5:00 PM EST on October 26, 2012. Sponsors are not responsible for misdirected, incomplete, lost, late or illegible entries or technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or other errors or problems which may limit a participant’s ability to participate in the Contest. False or deceptive entries or acts, as determined by Sponsors, will render the entrant ineligible. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or modify the Contest should any computer virus, malfunction or other cause beyond their control corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Contest. All entries become the property of Sponsors. Participants assign and transfer to Sponsors all rights, title and interest to the Entries. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsors with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. No automated entries accepted.
4. HOW TO WIN. The entries will be judged during the Contest on or by representatives of Sponsors based on their creativity and originality. A number between 1-10 will be given for each criterion. The Entry with the highest Score will be deemed the Grand Prize Winner, as hereinafter defined. The decisions of the judges will be final and binding. The potential winner(s) will be notified via email and must meet all eligibility requirements including the execution and delivery of all necessary releases. If the potential winner(s) does not meet all eligibility requirements, respond to notification attempts, or returned signed any necessary documents within 3 business days, then that potential winner(s) will be deemed ineligible and the judges, in their sole discretion, will choose another potential winner based on the criteria set forth above. In the event of a tie, where two or more potential winners receive the same point score, judges will reevaluate those entries based on the overall impression criterian. In no case will there be more than one (1) Grand Prize Winner.
5. PRIZES. One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive two (2) tickets to the 11/2 Hawks home opener vs. Houston (AMV of $200), meet and greet with Josh Smith and Lou Williams (No Cash Value), transportation to the event (AMV of $400), Dinner at RED ($50) and a variety of Hawks team gear shirts and other logo apparel (AMV of $200). The total AMV of all prizes: $850. All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with any element of any prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of the respective winner. The reporting and payment of any tax liabilities incurred by the entrant as a result of this Contest and any prize(s) won are the sole responsibility of the entrant. No substitution or transfer of prize(s) or cash redemptions permitted by Winner. The Contest Entities reserve the right to substitute a prize of like value in the event the described prizes, or any portion thereof, is unavailable for any reason whatsoever.
6. GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS. By entering this Contest, participants grant the Contest Entities the right, unless prohibited by law, to use their names, voices, pictures and likeness, without further authorization or compensation, for the purpose of advertising and publicizing the goods and services of the Sponsors and all matters related to the Contest in any manner or medium, through the world in perpetuity. Winner will be required to sign and execute affidavits of eligibility, tax acknowledgement forms, liability releases and, except where prohibited by law, use of name and likeness releases (“Winner Documents”) and return within three (3) days of issuance. Noncompliance with this time period may result in disqualification. In the event any Winner declines the prize or fails to return completed releases, Sponsors may elect, at its sole discretion, to select an alternate winner. If no eligible potential winner can be identified after reasonable attempts or if delays in obtaining the completed Winner Documents would make it impracticable to award the prize due to the timing of the game, no substitute prize may be awarded in Sponsors’ sole discretion. By entering this Contest, entrants agree to release the Contest Entities from any and all liability claims or actions of any kinds whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize, or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to any prize-related activity. The Contest Entities expressly disclaim any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property relating to the delivery and/or subsequent use of the prize awarded. In the event more winner notifications are issued, or more winning prize claims are received, than the number of prizes set forth in these Official Rules due to computer, printing, seeding, human, or other error or problem, a random drawing will take place from all eligible prize claims for the prize at issue to award the proper number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules. In the event of sabotage, acts of God, computer virus or other events or causes beyond the Sponsors’ reasonable control, which corrupt the integrity, administration, security or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsors reserve the right to cancel or suspend the Contest. In the event of cancellation, prizes will be awarded from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such cancellation. Notice of cancellation will be posted at hawks.com.
7. CONSTRUCTION. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any contestant and Sponsors, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Georgia, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Georgia. In any action brought to enforce the obligation or right of any party hereunder, entrants consent to personal jurisdiction and venue in any court of appropriate jurisdiction in Fulton County, Georgia, USA. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
8. PRIVACY STATEMENT. The information submitted, including the registration information, will be available to the Atlanta Hawks and Philips Arena. For more information on how this information may be used by them, please read their respective Privacy Notices, which can be found at www.hawks.com and www.philipsarena.com. In addition, by submitting this information you agree that Atlanta Hawks and Philips Arena may contact you from time to time regarding special offers and promotions they think may be of interest to you.
9. OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNERS’ LIST REQUESTS. For a copy of either the Official Rules or the Winner’s List, send a request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the following address by October 25, 2012 for “Rules,” November 30, 2012 for “Winners”: Atlanta Hawks Hometown Home Opener Contest Rules or Winners, 101 Marietta Street, Suite 1900, Atlanta, GA 30303.
© 2011 Atlanta Hawks, LP. All Rights Reserved.
2. SPONSORS. Atlanta Hawks, L.P., Centennial Tower, 101 Marietta Street, Suite
1900, Atlanta, GA 30303.