- The Hawks led by 7 or 9 points almost the entire third period, but the Rockets went on a 14-4 run to end the period and take a 83-82 lead.
- Joe Johnson was on his way to a monster first half, but he picked up his second foul with 2:14 left in the first quarter and was limited to just 4 minutes in the second.
- Jamal Crawford started hot, but then hit a cold spell for the first time in weeks. After hitting his first two shots from the field he connected on only one of his next six attempts.
- Nothing went right for the Hawks at the start of the fourth quarter. The basket seemed to have a lid on it as even the easy shots were not going down. Meanwhile, the Rockets were having no trouble scoring on the opposite end of the floor. A 14-5 run quickly extended the lead to double-digits. To add insult to injury, even the Hawks Cheerleaders looked a step off during their fourth quarter routine.
- Atlanta did regroup, and there was a noticeable increase in defensive intensity with about four minutes remaining in the game. Unfortunately, the hole that they had dug for themselves was too deep.