Legendary center Dikembe Mutombo joined the Hawks in 1996 and immediately became the dominant force behind the Atlanta defense. In his five seasons with the Hawks, Mutombo recorded an astounding 1,094 blocks and 4,321 rebounds. His low-post scoring ability led the team in field goal percentage in each of his five seasons, and his amazing shot-blocking skills helped pave the way to four NBA All-Star appearances.
- Games in a Hawks uniform: 343
- PPG average: 11.9
- Blocks per game: 3.19
- Four-time NBA All-Star (1997, 1998, 2000, 2001)
- Hawks all-time leader in defensive rebounds in a season: 853 (1999-2000)
- Hawks team leader in:
- games/minutes played (1997-2000)
- field goal percentage (1996-2001)
Selected in the first round of the 1995 NBA Draft, Alan Henderson played for nine seasons with the Hawks, scoring three double-doubles his rookie season. Henderson peaked offensively from 1997-2001, averaging in double figures for four consecutive seasons while contributing solid defensive numbers as well. Despite various injuries, Henderson racked up 4,575 points and 2,657 rebounds during his tenure with the Hawks.
- Games in a Hawks uniform: 485
- PPG average: 9.4
- Blocks per game: 0.49
- Hawks team leader in games played:
- 1999-2000 (tied, Dikembe Mutombo), 2002-2003