Grizzlies defeat Pacers at FedExForum 3/22/14
Joe Murphy/NBAE/Getty Images
- Memphis stretched its home winning streak to a season-high nine games, its longest home winning streak since winning a franchise-record 13 consecutive home games from Feb. 8 – April 9, 2013… Memphis has now won 15 of its last 17 games at FexExForum.
- Tonight’s win snapped Memphis’ three-game losing streak to the Pacers… Prior to that three-game skid, the Grizzlies had won five consecutive matchups against Indiana.
- Indiana is now 7-8 on the road against Western Conference opponents on the year and has lost its last four games against Western Conference foes overall.
- Memphis tallied 82 points and shot .440 (33-of-75) against Indiana, which came in limiting opponents just .416 shooting from the field, the lowest mark in the NBA… The Pacers lost for just the second time this season when holding its opponent to under 90 points… Indiana was 26-1 in such games coming into tonight.
- The Grizzlies outrebounded the Pacers by 12 (47-35)… Indiana entered averaging the second-most rebounds per game in the league (45.5) and came in allowing opponents to grab just 41.0 rebounds per game, the fourth-fewest in the NBA… Tonight was just the 25th time this season that Indiana has been outrebounded.
- The Grizzlies also had their way scoring down low, outscoring Indiana by 22 in the paint (46-24)… Indiana entered allowing the fewest points in the paint to opponents in the NBA this season at just 35.4.
- Memphis improved to 11-5 on the second-night of a back-to-back and is a perfect 5-0 on the second night of an away-home back-to-back this season.
- The Grizzlies enjoyed an 18-7 advantage in fast break points tonight…Indiana came into tonight’s game limiting opponents to just 11.4 fast-break per game, the third-fewest in the league.
- Tonight’s game featured a sold-out crowd at FedExForum of 18,119… Entering tonight, Memphis was averaging the third-highest average home attendance in FedExForum history (16,561).
- Mike Conley led all scorers with 21 points (9-of-15 FG) to go along with five rebounds and four assists… Conley has scored at least 20 points in a career-high 20 games this season… He had a then career-high 17 such games all of last season.
- Zach Randolph posted his 41th double-double of the season with 18 points (7-of-18 FG) and 13 rebounds, including four offensive boards… Randolph is now just one double-double shy of 400 for his career.
- Marc Gasol stuffed the stat sheet, racking up 10 points, nine rebounds, two assists, two blocks and a steal in a game-high 39 minutes.
- Mike Miller poured in 13 points (4-of-7 FG) and six rebounds off the bench in tonight’s game, including four three-pointers that all came in the second quarter… Miller’s four second quarter three’s are tied for the most three’s made in any quarter by a Grizzlies player this season.
- Lance Stephenson led the Pacers with a team-high 15 points (6-of-11 FG), eight rebounds and four assists.
Key Run of the Night
- Holding a one-point lead (22-21) with 10:25 to go in the second quarter, Memphis closed the half on a 21-9 run to take a 43-30 lead into halftime… The Grizzlies led by double digits from the 2:45 mark in the second quarter on and never led by fewer than 11 points.
Key Stats of the Night
- Memphis limited Indiana to just a season-low 71 points (27-of-74 FG) on .365 shooting… The 27 made field goals by the Pacers are the fewest allowed by the Grizzlies this season and tied for the fewest made field goals by Indiana on the year... The 71 points scored by Indiana are the fewest scored by either team in 36 career meetings between the two teams.
- Indiana’s .365 shooting total from the field is its third-lowest of the season, and marks just the seventh time this year that the Pacers have been held under .400 shooting from the field.
- The Grizzlies limited Indiana to just 30 points in the first half, the fewest allowed by the Grizzlies in any first half this season and also the fewest scored by Indiana in any half this year.