Grizzlies defeat Jazz
Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol each had a double-double as the Grizzlies beat the visiting Jazz 96-86 on March 20, 2014. Mike Conley added 18 points and Tony Allen scored 10 off the bench as Memphis won its eighth straight at FedExForum. Photos | Box Score
- The Grizzlies have now won five-straight home games against the Jazz… Memphis also has won nine of the last 14 games overall against Utah after losing the previous 11 matchups.
- Utah has now lost six consecutive games and 11 of its last 12 overall this season… The Jazz are just 4-17 on the road against Western Conference opponents on the year.
- Memphis limited Utah to 86 points (37-of-84 FG) and has now held the Jazz under 100 points in 14 consecutive games, Memphis’ longest active streak against any opponent.
- After scoring just 32 points in the first half, tied for the fewest first half points scored by a Grizzlies opponent this season, Utah poured in 54 points (24-of-44 FG) on .545 shooting in the second half… The 24 field goals are the most allowed by the Grizzlies in the second half this season.
- The Grizzlies improved to 4-0 this season coming off of three-plus days of rest with wins over the Jazz, Houston Rockets, New York Knicks and Los Angeles Lakers.
- Memphis’ bench shot just .429 (9-of-21 FG) from the field, ending its streak of .500 plus shooting at 14 games… The 14-game streak fell one game short of matching the 1985-86 Boston Celtics bench led by Bill Walton that did it in 15 consecutive games from Feb. 13- March 8, 1986.
- The Grizzlies had success against Utah down low, outrebounding the Jazz by seven (46-39) and outscoring the Jazz in the paint by 14 (54-40).
- Memphis turned 17 Jazz turnovers into 23 points, while Utah managed to convert 13 Grizzlies turnovers into just 12 points.
Key Stats of the Night
Memphis stretched its home winning streak to a season-high eight games, its longest home winning streak since winning a franchise-record 13 consecutive home games from Feb. 8 – April 9, 2013… The Grizzlies are now a season-high 13 games over .500 at 40-27.
· With tonight’s win, Memphis has now won at least 40 games in each of the last five seasons, extending the longest such streak in team history.
Key Runs of the Night
With the game tied at 84 with 5:39 left in the fourth quarter, Memphis forced Utah to miss nine of its final 10 shots and closed the game on a 12-2 run to take home a 96-86 victory… The Grizzlies never trailed in tonight’s game, and were tied just once with the Jazz for 48 seconds during that fourth quarter.