Game 7: Grizzlies at Thunder Preview
- The Memphis Grizzlies and Oklahoma City Thunder wrap up their opening round series with a deciding Game 7 tomorrow night at Chesapeake Energy Arena... The series featured an NBA-record four straight overtime contests from Games 2-5, and homecourt advantage has changed hands four times.
- Memphis is looking to become the second No. 7 seed to defeat a No. 2 seed since the NBA expanded the opening round to a best-of-seven series in 2002-03 (San Antonio over Dallas in 2009).
- The Grizzlies have lost both times they've been involved in a Game 7, including a road loss to Oklahoma City in the 2011 Western Conference Semifinals.
- Memphis also will try to become the first No. 7 seed in NBA history to win a Game 7 in any round... According to basketball-reference.com, the only No. 7 seeds to reach the final game of a best-of-seven series were the Los Angeles Lakers, which lost to Phoenix (121-90) on May 6, 2006, and the Chicago Bulls, which lost to Boston (109-99) on May 2, 2009.
- The Grizzlies will be playing without their leading scorer throughout the playoffs, Zach Randolph (18.2 points), who has been suspended one game by the NBA... According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Randolph is the first player ever to miss a Game 7 after leading his team in scoring in the series while playing all of the first six games.
- The road team has won four of the first six games in the series, and Memphis has won both of its last two games in Oklahoma City.
- Since Marc Gasol's return from injury on Jan. 14, Memphis is 13-2 when coming off a loss (the Grizzlies lost Game 6).
- Memphis has been outrebounded by Oklahoma City in all six games this series and all four head-to-head meetings during the regular season.
- Atlanta-Indiana and Golden State-LA Clippers also will be playing Game 7s tomorrow night... This will be the first time in NBA history in which three Game 7s will be played on the same day.
Catch the action on Sports South and 92.9Fm/680AM locally and ESPN nationally. Grizzlies Live! pregame show tips off at 6:30pm on SportSouth.
Bud Light Watch Party
Join us at the Levitt Shell in Overton Park to watch the game with Grizz Nation under the stars. Bring a cooler with your favorite food and beverages, blanket, lawn chairs and you can also enjoy food from the Fuel Food Truck.