Postgame Summary: Grizzlies 108, Knicks 110
March 1, 2011
Despite 22 points from Tony Allen, the Grizzlies came up just short in a 110-108 loss Wednesday night to New York at FedExForum. Darrell Arthur added 21 points in a reserve role, and starters Zach Randolph and Mike Conley each scored 20. Game Recap | Box Score | Grizzlies Team Talk
- Carmelo Anthony’s fall-away jump shot with 0.5 seconds remaining in the game propelled the Knicks to a 6-3 record since acquiring ‘Melo and Chauncey Billups from the Denver Nuggets… New York improved to 4-1 without Billups, who missed his fifth-straight game due to a bruised left quadriceps.
- Memphis, which earned a victory in Dallas on Sunday in similar fashion off a Zach Randolph baseline jump shot, lost for just the seventh time in the last 25 games… The Grizzlies fell to 22-10 at FedExForum on the season.
- Memphis set season highs in free throws made (33) and free throw percentage (.943) while tying a season high in free throw attempts (35)… Conversely, the Knicks tied an all-time franchise low in free throw attempts (4) but made each one.
- New York was the only team yet to play Memphis this season… The two teams will conclude the season series on March 17, when the Grizzlies face the Knicks at Madison Square Garden.
- The Grizzlies scored 28 points, including 20 in the first half, off a total of 17 Knicks turnovers… New York managed 11 points off 16 Memphis miscues.
- Memphis outscored New York 33-12 on the fast break.
- Stats of the Night: New York scored 82 of its 110 points from outside the paint, shooting .534 from the field (47-of-88 FG) and .500 from beyond the arc (12-of-24 3FG).
totaled 20 points, including the game-tying and-1, and 11 rebounds… It marked Z-Bo’s 200th career game with at least 20 points and 10 rebounds.