Postgame Summary: Grizzlies 120, Kings 92
February 26, 2011
Zach Randolph had 23 points and 12 rebounds and Memphis blitzed the Kings in the middle of Saturday's 120-92 home win. Marc Gasol added 21 points, all 12 Memphis players scored, and the Grizzlies rode a 66-38 edge over the second and third quarters to win their second straight. Game Info | Box Score
- With Utah’s loss tonight in Detroit, Memphis moved into sole possession of the eighth seed in the Western Conference Playoffs.
- The Grizzlies picked up their 14th win in the last 18 games.
- Memphis won its season-high tying fourth consecutive home game and earned its 12th victory in the last 14 games at FedExForum… The Grizzlies’ only two losses during that span came on Feb. 7 to the two-time defending NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers and on Jan. 17 to the Central Division-leading Chicago Bulls.
- Memphis scored a season-high 120 points, including 64 in the second half… That’s one point shy of the Grizzlies’ highest-scoring half this season.
- The Grizzlies remained undefeated (10-0) against opponents playing the second night of a back-to-back at FedExForum… Sacramento lost 110-98 the previous night at Charlotte.
- Memphis is now 12-3 in 2011 against teams who entered the game with a losing record… The Grizzlies were just 6-7 against sub-.500 teams before New Year’s Day.
- All 12 Grizzlies players scored.
- Stat of the Night:The Grizzlies, the NBA league-leaders in points in the paint, scored a franchise-record 78 points in the paint, topping the previous record of 76, set when the team was located in Vancouver (2/14/98 vs. Washington)… Much of the damage was done by Zach Randolph (23 points) and Marc Gasol (21), but Memphis also got significant contributions off the bench from Darrell Arthur (17) and Hamed Haddadi (season-high 10).
- Key Run of the Night: After a Jason Thompson dunk cut Memphis’ lead to five (60-55) with 10:20 left in the third quarter, Memphis closed the quarter on a 29-11 run to take a 23-point advantage into the final frame… The Grizzlies built the lead up to as many as 33 points in the fourth.
posted team highs in points (23) and rebounds (12) through the first three quarters… Z-Bo rested in the fourth, as Memphis moved to 18-9 when he records at least 20 points and 10 boards.