Postgame Summary: Grizzlies 109, Spurs 93
March 1, 2011
The Grizzlies avenged Sunday's loss to the Spurs, taking down the league's best team 109-93 at home. Mike Conley had 18 points and nine assists. Zach Randolph had 21 points and 10 rebounds as Memphis won for the 15th time in their last 18 home games. Game Recap | Box Score | Discuss
- Memphis earned its first win against San Antonio in three matchups this season… If the regular season ended tonight, the Spurs (No. 1 seed) and Grizzlies (No. 8) would meet in the first round of the NBA Playoffs… San Antonio won the first two games by six points (in overtime on Dec. 18) and seven points (Sunday), with both games played at the AT&T Center.
- Memphis won a season-high fifth consecutive home game, the club’s longest run at FedExForum since a franchise-record 11-game home winning streak from Dec. 18, 2009-Jan. 25, 2010.
- Memphis won its season-high tying fourth consecutive home game and earned its 12th victory in the last 14 games at FedExForum… The Grizzlies’ only two losses during that span came on Feb. 7 to the two-time defending NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers and on Jan. 17 to the Central Division-leading Chicago Bulls.
- The Grizzlies have won 13 of their last 15 games at FedExForum.
- Memphis is averaging 111.8 points in its last four home games.
- Missing Tony Parker (strained left soleus) for the first time this season, San Antonio used just its third different starting lineup this season.
- The Spurs fell to 21-9 on the road and were denied their 50th victory of the season, which would have marked the team’s NBA-record tying 12th consecutive season with at least 50 wins (Los Angeles Lakers, 1979-91).
- Stat of the Night:Memphis scored 30 points off 22 San Antonio turnovers, while the Spurs netted just 11 points off 12 Grizzlies miscues… The Grizzlies scored many of those points off turnovers in transition, outscoring the Spurs 27-11 on the fast break.
- Key Run of the Night: San Antonio trailed by 12 points (78-66) with 1:49 left in the third quarter before Memphis went on a 14-1 run, building the lead up to a game-high 25 points (92-67) with 8:57 left in the fourth.
totaled 21 points, 10 rebounds, five assists and a season-high four steals to lead the Grizzlies.