Postgame Summary: Grizzlies 107, Thunder 101
March 1, 2011
Tony Allen and Mike Conley each scored 20 points, and the Grizzlies beat the visting Thunder 107-101 Monday in large part because Memphis turned the ball over just seven times. Conley added nine assists without a turnover while Marc Gasol scored 18. Game Recap | Box Score | Discuss
- The Grizzlies had a season-low tying seven turnovers, which held the Thunder to just nine points off turnovers and 14 fastbreak points.
- Memphis, the league leader in points in the paint, scored 68 of its 107 points down low tonight compared to 46 for Oklahoma City.
- The Grizzlies, who own a 9-6 record against the top 4 teams in the Western Conference (San Antonio, Dallas, LA Lakers, Oklahoma City) won the season series with the Thunder (3-1) for the first time since the 2007-08 season, when OKC was then the Seattle SuperSonics… One night prior, Memphis won the season series with Dallas (3-1) for the first time in franchise history.
- Memphis improved to 14-3 in its last 17 games at FedExForum (17-6 in its last 23 games overall).
- The Grizzlies remain one game back of the Portland Trail Blazers for the seventh seed in the Western Conference Playoffs… Portland won 89-86 tonight at Orlando.
- Memphis and Oklahoma City extended their streak of games decided by single digits or in overtime to 12, which is the longest active streak in the NBA.
- When facing opponents who are playing the second night of a back-to-back, Memphis is a league-best 14-1… When the second game of a back-to-back is played at FedExForum, the Grizzlies are a perfect 11-0.
- Stats of the Night: Mike Conley finished with a team-high tying 20 points and a game-high nine assists with zero turnovers… In his last two games, wins against Dallas and Oklahoma City, Conley has totaled 37 points and 19 dimes to just one turnover.
- The last 12 games Conley has gone for at least nine assists, Memphis is undefeated.
tallied 17 points, six rebounds, four assists and three steals… It marked his career-high fourth consecutive game with multiple steals and his seventh game with four-plus assists in his last 12.