Postgame Summary: Grizzlies 89, Bucks 87
February 11, 2011
Sam Young notched 19 points and eight rebounds as the Grizzlies defeated the Bucks 89-86 at home on Friday night. Mike Conley added 23 points, eight assists and five rebounds while Rudy Gay had 14 points, 10 rebounds and three steals. Game Recap | Box Score | Discuss the win!
Your Grizz take to the home court again on Sunday at 5pm to take on the Denver Nuggets for a Pepsi Family Value Game featuring 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs and 4 Pepsi fountain drinks starting at $48, a savings of over $50 off single game prices.
- The Grizzlies snapped the Bucks’ four-game winning streak at FedExForum, giving Memphis its first home win over Milwaukee since April 7, 2006.
- Memphis improved to 24-10 this season when holding opponents under 100 points.
- Memphis improved to 17-9 since Christmas and 15-8 in 2011.
- The Grizzlies won the battle in the paint, 44-28.
- Memphis is three games above .500 (29-26) for the second time this season.
- The Grizzlies played in their league-leading 14th game decided by three points or less, evening their record at 7-7 (.500) in those contests.
- Stat of the Night:The Grizzlies held the Bucks to .364 (28-of-77 FG) from the field, improving to 5-0 when holding opponents to under .370 shooting this season… Milwaukee was held to .250 (5-of-20 FG) in the fourth frame.
- Key Run of the Night: After falling behind by as many as 11 points with 6:16 to go in the third, the Grizzlies turned around to score 24 of the next 34 points to gain a 73-70 advantage with 5:32 to play in the game… Memphis didn’t trail the rest of the way.
scored 10-plus for the eighth time in the last nine games, scoring 19 points to go with a career-high eight rebounds.