Postgame Summary: Grizzlies 102, Sixers 91
February 16, 2011
Zach Randolph posted 21 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists as the Grizzlies defeated the 76ers 102-91 at home on Tuesday night. Mike Conley added 22 points and five steals in the Grizzlies' fourth straight win. Game Info | Box Score | Discuss
- Memphis reached 31 wins (31-24) with a victory in its last contest before the All-Star Game, the most the club has head heading into the break in franchise history… The Grizzlies have twice entered the break with 30 wins (2003-04 and 2004-05).
- Memphis earned a season series sweep over Philadelphia for the first time since 2004-05 (previously done in 2003-04 and 2004-05).
- The Grizzlies earned their seventh win in their last eight home games, improving to 19-8 at FedExForum this year.
- The Grizzlies improved to five games above .500 for the first time since May 22, 2010, when a win at Sacramento gave them a 38-33 record.
- The Grizzlies held the Sixers to an opponent season-low 10 first-quarter points en route to a 26-10 opening frame… Philadelphia scored 65 combined points in the second and third quarters but just 26 total in the first and fourth.
- The 76ers began the game a perfect 18-of-18 from the line, but finished 22-of-26 (.846).
- Memphis has won 12 of its last 15 games, including four-straight.
- The Grizzlies improved to 13-5 with the starting lineup of Mike Conley, Sam Young, Rudy Gay, Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol.
- The Grizzlies earned a win in their last game before All-Star Break, ending a four-game losing streak in the pre-All-Star contest… Memphis is now 4-11 in the last game before the break, but 3-2 at home.
- Stat of the Night:The Grizzlies swiped 12 steals to the Sixers’ three, turning 17 turnovers into 28 points while coughing it up just seven times for 11 Philadelphia points… Four Grizzlies players finished with multiple steals, led by Mike Conley’s five.
- Key Run of the Night: Memphis allowed Philadelphia to cut an 18-point lead all the way down to one (73-72 with 1:27 left in the third quarter), but recovered to string together a 12-3 run to lead by double-digits with 9:29 remaining (85-75)… Philadelphia never led in the ballgame.
who prior to tip-off received the January Western Conference Player of the Month Award, had another solid game in February with his 40th double-double and 25th 20-10 game of the season with 21 points, 10 rebounds and a season-high seven assists, his first 20-point/five-rebound/five-assist game of the season.p>