Postgame Summary: Grizzlies 99, Pacers 78
March 19, 2011
Tony Allen tallied 19 points and 11 rebounds and Zach Randolph and Mike Conley added 17 points apiece to help the Grizzlies 99-78 home win over the Pacers. Darrell Arthur came off the bench for eight points. Game Recap | Box Score | Discuss
- Memphis outscored Indiana 68-24 in the paint, surpassing the Pacers’ total in the second quarter alone (26-6)… The Grizzlies outscored the Pacers 31-21 in the second quarter, making 15 of their 20 shot attempts (.750).
- Memphis swept Indiana for the second consecutive season in a battle between the eight seeds and the Western and Eastern Conferences… The Grizzlies’ four-game winning streak over the Pacers is their longest in the all-time series.
- The Grizzlies improved to a league-best 15-1 this season when facing an opponent who is playing on the second night of a back-to-back… Memphis is now 12-0 at FedExForum in such games.
- Memphis bettered its home record to 24-10 this season, already surpassing its home win total from the 2009-10 season with seven more to play at FedExForum.
- Memphis has not lost to a team with a losing record at home since Dec. 21 vs. New Jersey (9-0).
- In seven of the Pacers’ last eight losses, they have not held a lead larger than four points… Including tonight, four of those eight losses have been wire-to-wire defeats.
- Indiana, which shot just .356 from the field, had just 11 assists on 26 made baskets… No Pacer had more than two assists.
- Memphis did not make a three-pointer (0-of-9 3FG) for the second time this season (Jan. 21 vs. Houston)… They have won both of those games.
- Stat of the Night: Memphis’ backcourt of Tony Allen (six steals) and Mike Conley (four) generated 10 of the Grizzlies’ 16 steals, leading them to 26 fast break points on 20 forced turnovers… Ten fast break points were scored by Memphis in the opening minutes when the team jumped out to a 17-2 advantage.
- Key Run of the Night: Memphis started the game on a 17-2 run, with 10 of those points coming off fast breaks… The lead grew to as many as 25 in the first half, and the Grizzlies led by double figures for the entire second half.
The night belonged to Tony Allen, who led Memphis in scoring (19 points), rebounding (career-high 11) and steals (season-high tying six)… Allen also handed out a season-high six assists and blocked one shot in 34 minutes.
Zach Randolph finished with 17 points and 10 rebounds for his 48th double-double of the season (4th in the NBA) and 300th of his career.