Postgame Summary: Grizzlies 105, Clippers 82
March 14, 2011
Powered by Zach Randolph's 47th double-double this season, Memphis easily beat the Los Angeles Clippers 105-82 at FedExForum. Randolph finished with 30 points and 12 rebounds while Sam Young added 14 points and Mike Conley contributed 13. Game Recap | Box Score | Discuss
- Memphis earned a wire-to-wire victory, leading by as many as 31 points in the fourth quarter in avoiding its first three-game losing streak since Dec. 17-21, 2010.
- Memphis moved to 2-0 against the Clippers this season… The Grizzlies will see the Clips twice more in their final 14 games of the season on April 5 at FedExForum and April 13 at STAPLES Center in the regular season finale.
- The Grizzlies’ starters combined for 69 points, including 30 from Zach Randolph… The Clippers’ starting five scored 34 points
- The Grizzlies are now 23-10 this season at home, matching its home win total from the 2009-10 season (23-18)… Memphis improved to 14-4 in their last 18 games at FedExForum…
- Los Angeles lost for just the second time in seven games in the month of March and finished its five-game road trip with a 3-2 record.
- After allowing each of its last four opponents to shoot at least .500 from the field, the Grizzlies held the Clippers to just .400 shooting… Los Angeles was shooting at a .326 clip by halftime.
- Memphis capitalized by scoring 28 points off 19 Los Angeles turnovers… The Clippers scored just 10 points off 14 Grizzlies miscues.
- The Grizzlies earned their fast break opportunities through 14 steals and eight blocked shots on the night.
- Stat of the Night:Memphis outraced Los Angeles to the tune of 30-2 on fast break points, tying the largest margin in a single game in the NBA this season (Orlando 30, San Antonio 2 on Dec. 23 at Orlando)… The Clippers did not convert any of their six fast break shot attempts, scoring their only two transition points off free throws in the fourth quarter.
- Key Run of the Night: Memphis outraced Los Angeles to the tune of 30-2 on fast break points, tying the largest margin in a single game in the NBA this season (Orlando 30, San Antonio 2 on Dec. 23 at Orlando)… The Clippers did not convert any of their six fast break shot attempts, scoring their only two transition points off free throws in the fourth quarter.
Left off the Western Conference All-Star team last January, Zach Randolph dominated his matchup with 2011 All-Star Blake Griffin… Randolph collected 30 points, including 21 in the first half, and 12 rebounds for his 47th double-double of the season… It marked Z-Bo’s first 30-10 game since a 31-point, 14-rebound performance on Feb. 8 at Oklahoma City… Memphis improved to 5-1 this season when Z-Bo records at least 30 points and 10 boards.
Greivis Vasquez scored a career-high 11 points on 5-of-8 shooting in reserve for the Grizzlies… Vasquez is averaging 10.5 points in his last two games..