Grizzlies vs. Kings recap - 1/17/14
- Postgame Interviews
- Coach Joerger's postgame press conference
- Nick Calathes
- Courtney Lee
- Marc Gasol
- James Johnson
- JJ's putback jam
- With tonight’s win, the Grizzlies have now won a season-high five consecutive games… The Grizzlies are now above the .500 mark for the first time since they were 7-6 after a Nov. 22 loss to the San Antonio Spurs – the game they lost Gasol to a left MCL sprain.
- The Grizzlies have now won six-straight games and eight-straight home games in the overall series against the Kings…Sacramento hasn’t been victorious in FedExForum since Feb. 2, 2009 (115-106).
- Sacramento tallied just 90 points tonight against the Grizzlies, who entered allowing just 91.0 points per game over its last four games… The Kings came in averaging 102.0 points per game.
- Sacramento scored less than 100 points for just the second time in its last 15 games, and for just the third time in its last 22 games… The Kings are just 1-11 when scoring less than 100 points this season.
- Memphis swatted a season-high 13 shots tonight against the Kings…The 13 blocked shots are in the most in a game for the Grizzlies since Memphis blocked 13 on Jan. 8, 2010 against Utah.
- The Grizzlies outshot Sacramento from the field .462 (36-of-78 FG) to .407 (33-of-81 FG)…Memphis is now 18-4 on the season when outshooting its opponent from the field…The Kings are now just 1-21 in games in which they are outshot from the field.
- Memphis recorded its first one-point victory since a 90-89 overtime win over Oklahoma City on March 20, 2013 at FedExForum.
Key Stats of the Night
- Sacramento missed seven straight shots as Memphis scored 10 unanswered points to re-take a three-point advantage (91-88) with 54 seconds left in the game.
Key Run of the Night
- Down seven (88-81) with 4:01 left in the fourth quarter, Memphis closed the game on a 10-2 run to earn a 91-90 victory.
- Mike Conley poured in a game-high 25 points (8-of-13 FG) along with six assists, two rebounds, one block and one steal…Conley has led the team in scoring four times during Memphis’ five-game winning streak.
- DeMarcus Cousins recorded his 26 double-double of the season with 22 points (6-of-20 FG) and a season-high tying 17 rebounds…Cousins now has 13 staight double-doubles, tied for the longest double-double streak in the NBA this season as well as the longest double-double streak in Sacramento era of the Kings’ franchise.
- In four games as a starter for the Grizzlies, Courtney Lee is averaging 16.3 points per game... Lee tallied 17 points (7-of-14 FG) in tonight’s game as well as five rebounds and two assists.
- Zach Randolph chipped in 12 points (5-of-12 FG) and nine rebounds along with a season-high four blocks…The four blocks for Randolph were one short of his career-high…Randolph entered tonight with just four blocks all season.
- Rudy Gay scored 19 points (7-of-18 FG) in his second game back at FedExForum – and first as a King – since last season’s trade.