FedExForum announces procedural changes for triple-header in downtown Memphis on December 7
FedExForum announced procedural changes to accommodate the St. Jude Memphis Marathon Weekend races. The St. Jude Memphis Marathon will kick off at 7:15 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 7 at the corner of Fourth Street and Beale Street. Race organizers expect approximately 20,000 participants in the five races in addition to spectators.
The University of Memphis Tigers men’s basketball team will host the Northwestern State Demons at noon at FedExForum, four hours following the start of the marathon. The Memphis Grizzlies then will tip-off a home tilt with the Golden State Warriors at 7 p.m.
The Toyota Parking Garage at FedExForum and FedExForum surface lots will be available only to those with passes for the University of Memphis game at noon and later for those with passes for the Memphis Grizzlies game at 7 p.m.
Additional procedural changes are as follows:
- Fourth Street between Beale Street and Madison Ave. will be closed from 12 a.m. (midnight) until 3 p.m. Saturday.
- Union Ave. between Third Street and Danny Thomas Blvd. will be closed starting at 7 a.m. Saturday. This closure will extend eastward to East Street starting at 8 a.m.
- Other temporary closures will be made as necessary to accommodate the volume of runners.
Timeline and Access Points
- 7:45-8:45 a.m.: The Toyota Parking Garage at FedExForum and FedExForum surface lots on Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Ave. will be inaccessible from 7:45-8:45 a.m. Due to the marathon route and number of runners, those needing access to the garage or adjacent lots should arrive prior to 7:45 a.m.
- 8:45 a.m.-10 a.m.: The Toyota Parking Garage at FedExForum and FedExForum surface lots will be accessible by approaching from the east.
- Using I-240 Midtown, exit on Union Ave. going westbound. Turn south on East Street. Turn west on Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Ave. to access the garage and surface lots.
- Using city streets, move over to Union Ave. using Hollywood Street (not East Parkway). Proceed west on Union Ave., south on East Street and west on Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Ave. to access the garage and lots.
- After 10 a.m.: The best route to the Toyota Parking Garage at FedExForum and FedExForum surface lots will remain the same as from 8:45-10 a.m., coming from the east using Dr. Martin Luther King. Jr. Ave. Garages and lots west of FedExForum (such as Lee’s Landing, the MLGW garage, the Gibson Guitar Lot and the Peabody Place garage) will be accessible by approaching from the west or using Third Street.
- Riverside Drive, Front Street, Second Street and Third Street will be accessible.
- Due to the route and the number of runners, it will not be possible to turn east on Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Ave. from northbound Third Street to access the Toyota Parking Garage at FedExForum or FedExForum surface lots.
For further information and details, please visit stjudemarathon.org.