Considering the real-time nature of this message board (Grizzlies Fan Board), it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that while we do actively monitor the contents of posted messages, we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this message board or any entity associated with this message board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact the team immediately by e-mail here or contact a Boards Moderator or Administrator.
The basic premise of all of our rules is that you are responsible for your actions and you will be held accountable. Please think about this before you choose to submit a post or contribute to a conversation.
You agree to keep discussions topical to the appropriate forums. For example, non-sports related topics should be placed in the designated Off-Topic forum.
You agree that you will not post material on the Grizzlies Message Boards that is or may be considered unlawful, threatening, abusive, bigoted, hateful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, offensive, pornographic, profane, sexually explicit or indecent, may constitute, advocate or encourage conduct that would constitute or give rise to a criminal offense, civil liability or other violation of any local, state, national or international law; violates, plagiarizes or infringes the rights of third parties including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, rights of privacy or publicity, or any other proprietary right; contains or may be associated with a computer virus or other harmful component; constitutes or contains false or misleading indications of origin or statements of fact; contains any information, software or other material of a commercial nature; or contains advertising, promotions, self-promotion of products or services, self-promotional links or commercial solicitations of any kind.
A specific note about profanity
- We want to keep our boards family friendly. Profanity is not allowed (this includes the creative use of symbols instead of letters or switching letters around to try to circumvent the language filter.
The Message Boards are not the forum to advertise products or services not belonging to the Memphis Grizzlies or FedExForum - this includes use of signature or profile areas to promote a product or service. We will treat such posts as spam and deal with it accordingly. Blatant spammers will be banned. Approval of advertising on the message boards is at the sole discretion of the Memphis Grizzlies. If you have a question about advertising on our message boards, please contact us.
We reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever, without discussion. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.
Respect for Copyright
You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyrighted material is owned by you or you have received permission to use specific copyrighted material. Although we cannot review any messages posted prior to going live, the Memphis Grizzlies are not directly responsible for the content posted in any of these threads but we will deal with content posted by others.
No articles that are found on Grizzlies.com, NBA.com, or any other team site may be repurposed because they are the property of NBA.com. Also, re-posting content from other copyrighted editorial sites is prohibited. If you want to draw attention to a story on ESPN.com, then link to it, don't copy and paste the information on the Grizzlies' Boards.
If you would like to post images, please adhere to the following guidelines. Failure to comply may result in suspension of your account.
- Please do not post or pull images from other locations into the Grizzlies Message Boards that are considered unlawful, threatening, abusive, bigoted, hateful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, offensive, pornographic, profane, sexually explicit or indecent, may constitute, advocate or encourage conduct that would constitute or give rise to a criminal offense, civil liability or other violation of any local, state, national or international law; violates, plagiarizes or infringes the rights of third parties including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, rights of privacy or publicity, or any other proprietary right; contains or may be associated with a computer virus or other harmful component; constitutes or contains false or misleading indications of origin or statements of fact; contains any information of a commercial or promotional nature.
- Embedding a link to view an image in it's original location and state is acceptable.
- Image Size and Placement requirements: Posts in forums other than the Photos forum should not be filled with multiple large photos, especially those which break the basic Message Board layout. Photos posted just for the sake of photos should only be posted in threads within the Photos forum only. The image size should not be larger than 250x250 pixels with a maximum file size of 25k. If you exceed these rules we will delete posts containing images without warning.
- Note: Avatars have been disabled due to past disregard for image guidelines by some posters.
- Just a final reminder, please don't post copyrighted material.
Children's Online Protection Policy Act [COPPA compliancy]
In compliance with COPPA, parent(s) or guardians must first approve the registration of children under the age of 13 for registration and use of our team Message Boards. Don't register without approval. Thank you for your cooperation.
NBA.COM note to parents
It is the policy of the NBA and the Memphis Grizzlies not to solicit any personally identifiable information from children. A number of interactive features on NBA.com and Grizzlies.com require registration to participate (e.g., e-mail newsletters, site registration). All registrants will be required to enter their full name, age, zip code and e-mail address. In some cases, users will be required to select a special user name to be used as an identifier for the feature and must also enter a password. If NBA.com or the Memphis Grizzlies determines that a person is under the age of 13, based on the information provided during the registration process, that person will not be permitted to register for features requiring the submission of personal information, in accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. Instead, when a child under 13 years old tries to register for such features on NBA.com or Grizzlies.com, he or she will be directed to content which does not involve the submission of personal information. Children who indicate that they are under 13 years old will not be able to make credit card purchases or participate in interactive features on NBA.com or Grizzlies.com that involve the collection and retention of personal information (e.g., entering a sweepstakes) and they will not be contacted about special offers or promotions.
NBA.com works with (and may provide links to) third party sites that offer features described on NBA.com. Such third parties may permit children under the age of 13 to register for these features on their sites in accordance with their respective privacy policies. Features that permit registration by children under 13 years old include official games of the team, the NBA or ESPN.com. Registration for these features is pursuant to the privacy policies of the third parties operating the web sites on which registration occurs. For more information, please review the privacy policies of each respective third party site. NBA.com and the Memphis Grizzlies do not knowingly obtain, retain or use information from anyone who indicates that they are under 13 years old.
Message Board Administrators and Moderators - Bans, Warnings, and Boards Maintenance
The role of Grizzlies Message Board moderators is to oversee activities and encourage a fun, safe, friendly and respectful environment for all Grizzlies fans to enjoy. If you don't follow the rules, you will be issued a warning or asked to leave. Moderation and administration of the Grizzlies Message Boards are not responsibilities taken lightly by our team.
The goal is certainly not to ban visitors from participating within our site. Unfortunately bans can and will happen when required. Our rules are non-negotiable and the Grizzlies will not embark on a protracted debate over grey areas. The final decision on all warnings and bans rest with the Memphis Grizzlies.
Reposting a deleted post, complaining about it, spamming the boards, etc... will result in action. Don't post entries for banned posters; it will only put your account in jeopardy. Posts, links or threads that were removed by moderators were done so for a reason and no justification is required.
It goes without saying that extreme violations of the Message Board posting rules will result in a permanent posting ban. The typical rule of thumb is 'three strikes and you're out'. (Note: how long ago you received your last warning is irrelevant but the nature of the warning is what is important). However some actions that may result in immediate banning include but aren’t limited to: harassing comments or personal attacks against anyone, trolling, fowl language, lewd or graphic content, or violation of copyright.
The Memphis Grizzlies will not tolerate abuse of its volunteer moderators or administrators in comments, in submitted links, or via e-mailing them directly. If you have an issue with a particular Admin or Moderator, Grizzlies.com itself, or Grizzlies Message Board moderation practices in general - e-mail the administrators directly or send a private message to a Grizzlies' Moderator on the Message Boards. Grizzlies Moderators are: GrizzGrrl, GMan1, 29.5, 10SC-2-TOKYO, Neon Leon, and NI and Kenrae. Grizzlies Administrators are GrizzGrrl (Lesley Torrell) and 29.5 (Sean O.). We may not be able to respond instantaneously, but we will contact you.
No one likes banning a poster and we recognize that sometimes in the heat of a discussion, everyone can make mistakes. Our moderators may be able to help you work it out. Here's how you can prevent further action if you receive a warning or if you want to discuss the possibility of reinstatement following a ban:
- Be polite in responses.
- Contact us. If you have an issue with a warning you received or if you want to discuss your recent banning, we first suggest that you write a draft letter to get the frustration out of the way first but don't send it to us. Next, write a second letter explaining what happened and send that version to the moderator who issued your warning. The person in the position to help with an issue is more likely to do so if they aren't subject to abuse. Chances are that whatever went wrong can be righted, so keep that in mind during correspondence. If you are a poster who has been banned but want to discuss the situation further, please contact a Boards Admin directly. Note: A ban is an action that takes place between the Message Board Administrators and one involved party. We will not discuss a banning with anyone except the party involved.
On or around the 24th day of each month, threads and posts that have been inactive for 90 days will be pruned from the site due to space restrictions. We will always try to keep registrants notified regarding additional maintenance needs that could cause downtime whenever possible by posting maintenance messages in the forums or sending e-mail to registrants (if downtime will be lengthy).
Request archive of a thread
As part of marking favorite threads on an ongoing basis, just send a Moderator or Administrator a link to the thread (via e-mail or Private Message) you are requesting to be archived. Please include "Archive this" in your email or PM subject line. Once an item is archived, it will be removed from the forum where it was originally posted. Threads won't be archived until they appear to be a dead topic (no recent posts) or, they become 90 days old whichever happens first. The addition of archived items will be at the discretion of Moderators and Administrators. This decision is final.
Our goal is that all visitors enjoy being a member of the Grizzlies Message Boards as well as being a good contributor to conversations. Bans and warnings can be avoided by following the rules. If a particular item isn't listed above and you have a question contact a moderator and they will help you. If you still have questions, please contact a Grizzlies Administrator. We want to help create an enjoyable atmosphere for all fans.Return to the Grizzlies.com Message Boards here.