Community Heroes presented by McDonald's: Official Rules and Regulations
(1) No purchase necessary.
(2) Eligibility: Sweepstakes open to residents of the state of Tennessee, Arkansas or Mississippi residing within a 75 mile radius of FedExForum. Must be 18 years of age or older as of 1/31/13. Employees and immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) of Memphis Grizzlies, McDonald’s Corporation, the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., NBA Media Ventures, LLC and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, owners, employees and agents (collectively, the “NBA Entities”) are not eligible to enter.
(3) Contest description: In honor of Black History Month, the Memphis Grizzlies would like Grizzlies fans to recognize African-Americans who have made great strides in touching the lives of others in an effort to make our communities better. Fans may nominate individuals to be recognized during a Grizzlies home game in February 2013. An honoree will be selected for each Grizzlies home game in February 2013. Honoree will receive 4 tickets to that game and will participate in an on-court presentation. Nominee must reside within 75 mile radius of Memphis, TN. Note: travel and lodging to and from Memphis or FedExForum respectively is not included.
(4) How to enter: Fill out the online submission form and describe in 250 words or less why the person you are nominating should be selected and honored as a Community Hero during the month of February 2013. Or, print and complete the Community Heroes Nomination Form on grizzlies.com and fax it, along with your essay, to 901.205.1444.
(5) Contest Term: 01/18/2013-02/26/2013. Entries must be received by 02/26/2013.
(6) Winner Selection: Winners will be selected at the sole discretion of the Memphis Grizzlies based on the efforts described in the essay portion of the nomination form.
(7) Prize: Winner will receive four (4) tickets to the Grizzlies game that they will be recognized. Winner will be notified by the contact information on the Nomination Form at least 1 week prior to the game date. If the winner is not able to be reached within 24 hours of initial contact, another winner may be selected. The prize is non-transferable to any other person, including relatives or friends. Winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes and any expenses associated with the game, unless otherwise indicated. No substitution, cash equivalent or transfer of prize permitted except at Memphis Grizzlies option for a prize of comparable or greater value. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of prize: $300 ($75 each ticket).
Winners will be selected to be honored at the following games:
-February 1, 2013
-February 5, 2013
-February 8, 2013
-February 10, 2013
-February 12, 2013
-February 22, 2013
-February 27, 2013
Note: travel and lodging to and from Memphis or FedExForum respectively are not included in this promotion.
(8) Winner’s List: The winner's names can be obtained by writing to Memphis Grizzlies Online Survey, C/O Community Investment Department, 191 Beale Street, Memphis, TN 38103.
(9) Miscellaneous: By entering, entrant agrees to follow the Official Rules and hold harmless and indemnify Memphis Grizzlies, McDonald’s and/or the NBA Entities against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of either (a) entrant’s participation in the contest; or (b) the receipt or use of the prizes awarded in the contest.
(10) In consideration for being awarded the prize, winner hereby agrees and consents(where legal), without further notification, authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of winner’s name and/or likeness in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted by Memphis Grizzlies, McDonald’s Corporation and/or the NBA Entities.
(11) Contest void where prohibited.