ATLANTA, Feb. 22 (Ticker) -- Sharpshooter Ray Allen made sure the Seattle SuperSonics stopped their road slide.

Allen had 33 points and seven rebounds and Rashard Lewis added 25 and 10 as the SuperSonics ended their seven-game road losing streak with a 114-109 triumph over the Atlanta Hawks.

NBA TV highlights from
Seattle snapped its longest road slide since dropping eight straight from November 24-December 22, 1991. On Wednesday, the SuperSonics had the range going, shooting 57 percent (45-of-79) overall and drilling 6-of-10 3-pointers.

"Just getting a win is important right now," said Allen, who made 11-of-20 shots. "I knew we hung with it. I like the focus we had out there."

"We sorely needed to win a game," Seattle coach Bob Hill said. "That was a team win. We got a lot of good performances from a lot of people."

The game was tied, 91-91, with 9 1/2 minutes remaining before recently acquired Chris Wilcox nailed a jumper from the baseline and Allen made two free throws to give Seattle a four-point advantage.

Josh Smith's follow dunk gave Atlanta a 99-98 edge. But the SuperSonics took the lead for good as Damien Wilkins scored five of their next eight points, including a dunk just feet from where his uncle Hawks Vice President Dominique Wilkins was seated, to help Seattle build a 106-101 bulge with 3:20 to go.

"It's always special coming back home, playing in front of family and ends and the home crowd," said Wilkins, who played collegiately at Georgia. "Growing up, the Hawks were the team I always wanted to play for. So it was extra special coming back here. The most important thing for us is to get the win. I didn't want to lose to them, because I'd probably hear about it for a long time."

Al Harrington made 1-of-2 foul shots and Smith drained a 3-pointer from the left corner, making it 110-109 with 40 seconds remaining. Luke Ridnour's jumper helped Seattle hold a three-point edge 22 seconds later.

"I'm glad I got a chance to shoot it," said Ridnour, who had 15 points and 12 assists. "It's a good win for us. I knew it was open and I knew the shot clock was running down."

"I needed him for 10 more seconds," said Hill, who had to sit Ridnour most of the quarter due to a sore ankle. "He hit the shot that really counted."

Ridnour was left wide open when Harrington fell down after making contact with Allen. Harrington felt that Allen landed an elbow to his chest, but referee Joe Crawford did not make the call.

"He pushed me off with his elbow," Harrington said. "I should have known they weren't going to call it."

"Crawford told me (he) thought Al flopped on the play," Hawks coach Mike Woodson said. "What can you do?"

Atlanta's Joe Johnson had a chance to tie the game but misfired on a shot from the arc with 10 seconds left. Allen made two free throws to seal the victory.

"I just missed it," said Johnson, who had 18 points and 11 assists. "I got a great look at it. It felt good coming out of my hands but it was a little short."

Wilcox had 16 points and seven rebounds off the bench for Seattle, which swept the season series and has won nine of its last 11 visits here.

Harrington scored 24 points and Josh Childress added 20 for the Hawks, who shot 50 percent (41-of-82) but had their three-game home winning streak snapped.

"We were terrible on defense tonight," said Harrington, who made 9-of-17 shots. "We didn't get any stops. We allowed too many layups and dunks. When you play like that, it's hard to win the basketball game."