NEW YORK, Nov. 26 (Ticker) -- Rookie Nate Robinson had an answer for Allen Iverson.

After Iverson drilled a 3-pointer to tie the game with 6.2 seconds left in overtime, Robinson hit a rainbow 3-pointer from the right wing at the buzzer to lift the New York Knicks to a thrilling 105-102 victory over the Philadelphia 76ers.

Video highlights from
Nate Robinson's buzzer-beater: Play
A first-round draft pick acquired from Phoenix via trade, Robinson played a season-high 33 minutes and scored 17 points.

"I think this will help Nate a lot," Knicks coach Larry Brown said. "There's no way we would've won this game without him. He can make any moment a big moment."

Brown also gave the 5-9 Robinson the unenviable task of guarding Iverson, the NBA's leading scorer who was coming off a 45-point performance on Wednesday night, for most of the second half.

Robinson held Iverson to just four points in the third quarter when the Knicks erased a 16-point deficit. But Iverson bounced back with 11 points in the fourth quarter and eight in overtime, including a pair of 3-pointers.

After Iverson's second 3-pointer in overtime tied the game at 102-102, Brown opted not to call a timeout as Stephon Marbury quickly dribbled downcourt and passed to Robinson in the right corner. Iverson scrambled to get over and block the shot, but Robinson's 23-footer swished through the net.

"He (Iverson) just saw that Steph had the ball so he was going to go help," Robinson said. "When Steph passed, my eyes lit up. In a time like that, I just knew that if I got it up high enough I knew I had a good chance of making it."

"That guy made a tough shot," Iverson said. "It was over the backboard. It was a great shot."

Robinson's last buzzer beater came in his sophomore year at the University of Washington on January 17, 2004. His shot at the end of regulation forced overtime and the Huskies went on to beat Oregon State in overtime, 103-99.

"That kid is unbelievable," Marbury said of Robinson. "He is one of those kids you can't live with and you can't live without. He plays hard and that is why coach loves him. He loves his aggressiveness. He continues to play hard no matter what."

Criticized for not passing enough, Marbury drew Iverson to him before finding Robinson in the corner.

"We always talk about making the extra pass and Steph did it there," Brown said. "He could have just taken the shot but he saw Allen coming at him and hit Nate with the pass."

Marbury scored six of his game-high 33 points in overtime to give the Knicks a 102-99 lead with 1:05 left.

Kyle Korver had a chance to tie the game, but missed a long 3-pointer with 33 seconds left. New York's Jamal Crawford, who scored all 11 of his points in the fourth quarter and overtime, missed a 10-footer in the lane with 13 seconds remaining before Iverson drilled the tying 3-pointer.

A four-time scoring champion, Iverson recorded his first 40-point game against the Knicks and 62nd of his career. He also had 10 assists.

"A couple of times he (Iverson) made some tough shots and a great player like that is going to make some, but I had to make sure that every shot he took was a tough one," Robinson said. "But Christmas came early for me because I've always looked up to Allen going back to when he was at Georgetown."

The Knicks squandered a nine-point lead in the last 5:19 of regulation. Chris Webber capped the comeback for Philadelphia when he scored on a rebound after a miss by Iverson with just under a second left, tying the game at 94-94. Webber finished with 19 points.

Rookie Channing Frye, the eighth overall pick in the draft, made his first start for the Knicks and collected 21 points and 11 rebounds.

Iverson scored 17 points in the first half when Philadelphia built a 58-45 lead. A 3-pointer by Korver gave the Sixers their biggest lead at 63-47 with 10:57 left in the third quarter.

But Philadelphia hit only 2-of-14 shots the rest of the quarter and the Knicks went on a 23-4 run to take a 70-67 lead. Andre Iguodala of the Sixers hit a pair of free throws with 34 seconds remaining in the quarter.

"We controlled that game for three quarters up until the point where we couldn't score," Sixers coach Maurice Cheeks said. "Once again it was our rebounding that put us in the hole."

The Knicks then opened the fourth quarter with a 13-5 run to take their biggest lead at 83-74. Crawford, who was scoreless entering the fourth quarter, scored six points to highlight the spurt.