MINNEAPOLIS, March 2 (Ticker) -- Just when it seemed like a routine game for the Golden State Warriors, Derek Fisher ignited a dramatic turnaround.

Fisher scored 16 of his 22 points in the second half and led five players in double figures as the Warriors posted a 99-93 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves.

NBA TV highlights from
Playing the second contest of an eight-game road trip - their longest in 30 seasons - the Warriors won for just the sixth time in 28 games since January 1.

Minnesota shot nearly 62 percent (24-of-39) from the floor in the first half and seemed in control when Wally Szczerbiak scored seven consecutive points, opening a 69-59 lead with 2:49 remaining in the third quarter.

But Fisher was the catalyst of a 25-6 run bridging the third and fourth quarters, scoring seven of the first nine points of the burst to put the Warriors ahead, 84-75, with 4:35 left.

"We just kept picking up our play as the game went on, getting stops on one end and coming down and hitting some big shots," Warriors guard Jason Richardson said. "Baron (Davis) did a great job of finding me and finding Derek."

Golden State isolated the recently acquired Davis on offense for much of the fourth quarter, allowing him to penetrate, draw multiple defenders and kick the ball out for open shots. His new teammates responded, scoring 14 points off Davis' six fourth-quarter assists.

"Baron was distributing the ball and finding the open guy, and the shots were going down," Golden State coach Mike Montgomery said. "You don't know what he's going to do, since he hasn't practiced with us. (His teammates) have a lot of confidence in him finding the open guy and a lot of it is off penetration."

"We're just all getting used to each other," Davis said. "I was talking to Adonal Foyle and he was like, 'Man, I don't know what you're going to do out there.' I was like, 'Just expect me to pass and if I shoot, go get the rebound.'"

Despite shooting 35 percent (8-of-23) in the third quarter and missing 12 of its first 13 shots in the fourth quarter, Minnesota closed to within 90-86 when Fred Hoiberg nailed a baseline 3-pointer with 1:12 to go.

But on the Warriors' ensuing possession, Davis brought the ball over midcourt appearing poised to call a routine timeout before firing a quick pass to Richardson, who hit a 3-pointer with a minute left.

Richardson, who committed a late turnover in a two-point loss to Memphis on Tuesday, added another 3-pointer with 24 seconds remaining and two free throws to end the threat.

"It felt good to redeem yourself after that game yesterday," Richardson said. "I really wanted to win this game and the guys wanted to win this game. We really played hard to get the win."

Richardson scored 21 points and Mike Dunleavy 19, while Davis handed out 10 assists and Fisher nine for the Warriors.

"The key to this win was Baron," Richardson said. "You get the respect around the league that he can score 40 on you. But at the same time, he's a real good passer."

Kevin Garnett had 28 points and 13 rebounds and Troy Hudson added 17 points for Minnesota, which fell two games below .500 and is 3-4 since Kevin McHale took over as interim coach. The Timberwolves have lost 11 of their last 15 games.

"I'm not a quitter. We're not quitters," Garnett said. "We'll continue to play. Period. End of story. That's what we're going to do. That alone convinces me more than anything that I'm going to continue to come out here and try to kick somebody's (tail) every time I jump on the court."

Only Wally Szczerbiak and Garnett attempted free throws for Minnesota, combining to make eight of nine, while the Warriors were 20-of-24 from the line.