ATLANTA, Nov. 30 (Ticker) -- After being cold from the arc through four quarters, Jamal Crawford was clutch in overtime.

Crawford's 3-pointer with 3.3 seconds remaining helped the New York Knicks post a 110-109 victory over the Atlanta Hawks, who have lost seven in a row.

NBA TV highlights from
With time winding down, Knicks guard Stephon Marbury slashed down the right arc, drawing a double-team. Instead of taking the ball to the basket, Marbury passed to an open Crawford, who had made just one of his previous 10 3-pointers, including a miss earlier in overtime.

Crawford sank a 25-footer from the right side to give New York a 110-108 lead.

"I play basketball to win," Marbury said. "And Jamal is a confident player. And his position is to go out and play the way he played tonight. When I draw two people, I know it's him open on the court. I did my job."

"The assistant coaches and players said, 'They're good shots, just keep shooting it,'" Crawford said. "So I stayed aggressive and was confident taking the last shot."

Not everyone agreed with Crawford's shot selection.

"(I was thinking), 'Jamal, get to the basket,'" Knicks coach Lenny Wilkens said. "That's the way Steph has been playing, very unselfish. We talked about that we could attack (the Hawks') zone from the top, just put it on the floor and go. The way it was played, I thought we could get into the seam. Jamal got into the seam and made the shot, and it was a big shot."

Atlanta had a chance to tie the game when Antoine Walker was fouled with two seconds to go. Shooting just 46 percent from the line this season, Walker missed the first free throw but made the second, allowing the Knicks (7-6) to climb above the .500 mark for the first time since Dec. 10, 2001.

"It was a tough loss," Walker said. "We missed a couple of free throws down the stretch. They hit the big shots and we missed, so it was one of those games."

The missed free throws proved costly on what was an otherwise festive night for Atlanta, as it honored former owner Ted Turner by raising a banner in his honor at Philips Arena.

Atlanta was in control to start the fourth quarter and opened a 91-85 advantage with 8:17 remaining after a 14-2 run to start the period. But the Hawks missed their next eight shots and allowed the Knicks to tie the game, 94-94, with 4:35 left on a layup by Marbury.

Tony Delk hit a 3-pointer to put Atlanta ahead, but former Hawk Nazr Mohammed answered with a quick layup.

With 12 seconds remaining, Hawk guard Jon Barry -- the team's third-best free-throw shooter -- had a chance to restore the three-point lead but missed the second of two free throws.

That set the stage for Marbury, who sank a pair of tying free throws with 2.6 seconds left to send the game to overtime.

"We are struggling making free throws," said Hawks coach Mike Woodson, whose team ranks last in free-throw shooting at 64.1 percent. "We were in position both times with (Barry) and Antoine, and they just didn't make them."

Mohammed had 22 points and 15 rebounds for New York, which has won five straight over Atlanta.

Walker had 36 points and 13 rebounds for the Hawks, who lost to the Knicks for the second time during their slide.