No Purchase Necessary To Participate Or Win.
Purchasing Will Not Increase Your Chances Of Winning.
Void In Quebec And Where Prohibited.
This Game May Not Be Used To Conduct, Advertise Or Promote Any Form Of Gambling.
The Fantasy NBA: The Rookies, presented by ‘got milk?’
Game (“Promotion”) is open to legal residents (natural persons only) of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding residents of Quebec) who are 13 years of age or older at time of entry (“Participants”). Eligible minors must obtain their parent’s or legal guardian’s consent prior to participation. Employees of NBA Media Ventures, LLC (“Sponsor”), NBA Properties, Inc., the National Basketball Association and its member teams, The National Fluid Milk Processor Promotion Board, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, governors, owners, distributors, retailers, advertising/promotion agencies and Project Support Team, Inc. (“PST”) (collectively, “Released Parties”) and the immediate family members (parent, spouse, sibling or child) and those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate or win. Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, state, and local laws.
Promotion Period: The Promotion starts on 10/15/04 at 3:00:01 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on 4/20/05 at 10:29:59PM ET immediately prior to tip off of the final game of the NBA 2004-2005 regular season (“Promotion Period”). For the complete NBA 2004-2005 regular season schedule, visit http://www.nba.com/schedules/2004_2005_game_schedule/. See To Participate section below for additional details.
(1) Visit www. NBA.com during the Promotion Period. If you are a registered member of NBA.com, you may immediately link to the Game Play page using your previously designated user name and password from www.NBA.com to participate in the Promotion. If you are not a registered member of NBA.com, you must register before participating in this Promotion. Registration is free. To register, complete the NBA User Registration form according to the instructions provided. As part of the registration process, you will be asked if you wish to receive promotional emails from the NBA. Consenting to receive promotional emails is optional and is not required for membership or participation in this Promotion. Upon completion of the registration process, you may link to the Game Play page using your newly designated user name and password from www.NBA.com to participate in the Promotion. Limit one NBA User Registration form submission per person/email address for the duration of the Promotion Period. Additional registration forms received from any such person/email address thereafter will be void. The use of any device to automate the registration process is prohibited. Registration form submissions will be accepted throughout the Promotion Period, in accordance with the terms of these Official Rules.
(2) Visit the Game Play page and follow the instructions provided to make your selections. The Game Play page will feature all 2004-2005 regular season NBA games scheduled for that applicable week with a week defined for the purpose of this Promotion beginning on a Monday and ending on the following Sunday (with the exception of Week #1 which begins on Friday, 10/15/04 and Week #25 which ends on Wednesday, 4/20/05).
(3) Using knowledge of the NBA and NBA rookies’ skills and statistics, select (1) NBA rookie from the choices provided for each game day of the applicable week. Each NBA rookie may only be selected by an entrant once per week. The object of the Promotion is to select the NBA rookies who you believe will collectively accumulate the highest total number of points, rebounds and assists for the applicable week. You will receive (1) NBA Fantasy: The Rookies Point for each point, rebound and assist each of your selected NBA rookies accumulate on their designated game night. For example, if a selected NBA rookie accumulates (12) points, (4) rebounds and (4) assists on the given game night, you will gain a total of (20) NBA Fantasy: The Rookies Points.
(4) Selections can be made and/or modified beginning up to three weeks in advance of applicable game day for any game that has not yet begun in accordance with the posted deadlines. Selections are final as of the applicable deadline as determined by Sponsor. Your last selection that is received by the applicable deadline will be used to tabulate your Fantasy NBA: The Rookies Points. Selections cannot be modified for any game in progress or already completed. Fantasy NBA: The Rookies Point(s) will not be awarded if a selection is not made for any game day, the selected NBA rookie does not play in the designated game for any reason, or the selected NBA rookie does not obtain any points, rebounds or assists in the designated game.
(5) All selections must be accepted and acknowledged by the computer servers by the applicable deadline (as determined by Sponsor) to be considered valid, timely, and eligible.
Released parties (as defined above) are not responsible for lost, incomplete, garbled, late, undelivered or misdirected entries or selections, NBA rookie selections and submissions; theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; failures or malfunctions of phones, phonelines or telephone systems; interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication; traffic congestion on the Internet or for any technical problem, including but not limited to any injury or damage to Participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this Promotion; errors in these Official Rules, in any Promotion-related advertisements or other materials; the selection or announcement of potential winners or the distribution of prizes; the cancellation, suspension or preemption of games, injuries or other unavailability of players, scoring tabulation or timing errors or other problems or errors of any kind whether mechanical, human, electronic or otherwise.
Winner Selection/Notification: (1) Grand Prize: Potential Grand Prize winner will be determined on or about 5/4/05. Grand Prize will be awarded to the Participant who accumulates the highest number of Fantasy NBA: The Rookies Points cumulatively for the entire Promotion Period.
In the event of a tie for the Grand Prize, the potential winner will be deemed the Participant that accumulated the highest overall number of cumulative Fantasy NBA: The Rookies Points for the final week of the Promotion Period. If a tie still exists, from among the remaining pool of tied Participants, the Participant with the highest overall number of cumulative Fantasy NBA: The Rookies Points for the week previous to the final week of the Promotion Period will be declared the potential winner, and so forth. Tiebreakers will continue backwards in this manner using the previous week’s cumulative Fantasy NBA: The Rookies Point total until the tie among the remaining tied Participants is broken. If a tie still exists after the above tie-breakers have been invoked, a random drawing from among the final remaining pool of tied Participants will be conducted to award the Grand Prize.
(25) Weekly Prizes/(1) Weekly Prize Per Week: Potential Weekly Prize winners will be determined following the conclusion of each respective week of the Promotion Period. (1) Weekly Prize will be awarded to the Participant who accumulates the highest number of Fantasy NBA: The Rookies Points cumulatively for the applicable week.
In the event of a tie for any Weekly Prize, the potential winner will be deemed the Participant that accumulated the highest number of Fantasy NBA: The Rookies Points for the final game day of the applicable week. If a tie still exists, from among the remaining pool of tied Participants, the Participant with the highest number of Fantasy NBA: The Rookies Points for the game day previous to the final game day of the applicable week will be declared the potential winner, and so forth. Tiebreakers will continue backwards in this manner using the previous day’s Fantasy NBA: The Rookies Point total until the tie among the remaining tied Participants is broken. If a tie still exists after the above tie-breakers have been invoked, a random drawing from among the final remaining pool of tied Participants will be conducted to award the applicable Weekly Prize.
The tabulation of Fantasy NBA: The Rookies Points and identification of potential winners will be conducted by judges whose decisions are final and binding with respect to these Official Rules and in all other matters relating to this Promotion. Prizes will be awarded to the person named on the applicable NBA.com registration form regardless of whether that is the name of the authorized account holder of the email address from which said NBA.com registration form was submitted (subject to verification of eligibility and the terms of these Official Rules). Potential winners will be notified by email, phone or mail as necessary throughout the Promotion Period. If an eligible minor is selected as a potential winner, applicable prize will be awarded in the name of said minor’s parent or legal guardian. Limit one Weekly Prize per Participant for duration of Promotion Period.
In the event that any game during the Promotion Period is canceled, suspended (and not resumed) or preempted (and not resumed) for any reason, applicable Weekly Prize will be awarded based on Fantasy NBA: The Rookies Points accumulated for those games played during said week. If no such games are played, the applicable Weekly Prize will not be awarded.
Prizes: (1) Grand Prize: A total of five Authentic NBA Jerseys, one for each of the 2004-2005 NBA All Rookie Team members as designated by Sponsor and an official NBA Basketball hand signed by participants in the 2005 ‘got milk?’ Rookie Challenge (Approximate Retail Value "ARV"=$900US). ARV of hand-signed merchandise subject to fluctuation based on the featured NBA player(s) and current market value at time of prize award. Authentic NBA Jerseys are not game worn. NBA basketball is not game used. (25) Weekly Prizes/(1) Weekly Prize Per Week: (1) $50 NBA.com Gift Certificate and (1) box of 2004-2005 Bowman’s Draft Picks & Prospects Trading Cards (ARV=$125US each). Gift Certificate restrictions may apply. Total ARV of all prizes=$4,025US.
Miscellaneous: No transfer, assignment, cash redemption, or substitution of prizes (or portion thereof) except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability and then for a prize (or applicable portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Federal, state, provincial and local taxes, including but not limited to any applicable income or withholding taxes, customs duties or like fees and all other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance or use of the prizes not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the winners. Grand Prize winner (if minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and (where legal) Publicity Release within 5 days of issuance of notification. Failure to return such documents within the specified time period, if any prize notification letter or prize is returned as undeliverable, or in the event of noncompliance with these rules, winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to: 1.) disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process, the operation of NBA.com, or any other component of this Promotion, or who is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules and 2.) modify, suspend or terminate this Promotion should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor, including but not limited to war, strikes, and/or acts of God, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Promotion and, in the event of termination or suspension, at its discretion, award prizes for completed portions of the Promotion to the high scoring eligible non-suspect Participants as of the event requiring such termination or suspension. By participating, Participants (if minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and agree that: 1.) Released Parties and their designees and assigns may use (unless prohibited by law) such Participant’s name, city, state, province and/or territory of residence, photograph and/or likeness for advertising and/or trade purposes and/or for the purpose of posting their name, user name and/or Fantasy NBA: The Rookies Point Total on NBA.com or on any NBA telecast and/or for any other purpose in any media or format now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without further compensation, permission or notification and 2.) Released Parties and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents shall have no liability and will be held harmless for any liability, loss, injury or damage, including, without limitation, personal injury to Participant or any other person or death or damage to personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or prize activity related thereto or participation in this Promotion.
Winners List: For the winners’ names (available after 6/13/05), send a stamped, self-addressed envelope for receipt by 6/6/05 to: The Fantasy NBA: The Rookies, presented by ‘got milk?’ Game Winners, P.O. Box 13106, Bridgeport, CT 06673-3106.
Sponsor: NBA Media Ventures, LLC, 645 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10022
Administrator: Project Support Team, Inc. 100 Mill Plain Rd, Danbury, CT 06811