Drive to the Finals Presented by AutoTrader.com
No Purchase Necessary To Participate Or Win.
Purchasing Will Not Increase Your Chances Of Winning.
This Game May Not Be Used To Conduct, Advertise Or Promote Any Form Of Gambling.
Drive to the Finals Presented by AutoTrader.com (“Promotion”) is open to legal residents (natural persons only) of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry (“Participants”). Employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents of NBA Properties, Inc., (“Sponsor”), NBA Media Ventures, LLC, the National Basketball Association and its member teams, AutoTrader.com L.L.C., and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, governors, owners, distributors, retailers, advertising/promotion agencies and Project Support Team, Inc. (“P/S/T”) (collectively, “Released Parties”) and the immediate family members (parent, spouse, sibling or child, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate or win. Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Void where prohibited by law.
The Promotion starts on 4/20/06 at 8:00:01AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends five minutes prior to the tip off of the last game of the NBA Finals 2006 (“Promotion Period”). The NBA Finals 2006 will end no later than 6/22/06. For the complete NBA 2005-2006 playoffs schedule, visit www.nba.com/schedules
. See To Participate section below for additional details.
If you are not a registered member of NBA.com you may register to participate in the Promotion starting at 2:00:01PM ET on 4/14/06. You will be notified via email once the Game Play page is available.
(1) Visit www.NBA.com during the Promotion Period. If you are a registered member of NBA.com, you may immediately link to the Game Play page using your previously designated user name and password from www.NBA.com to participate in the Promotion. If you are not a registered member of NBA.com, you must register before participating in this Promotion. Registration is free. To register, complete and submit the NBA User Registration form according to the instructions provided. As part of the registration process, you will be asked if you wish to receive promotional emails from the NBA. Consenting to receive promotional emails is optional and is not required for membership or participation in this Promotion. Upon completion of the registration process, you may link to the Game Play page using your newly designated user name and password from www.NBA.com to participate in the Promotion. Limit one NBA User Registration form submission per person/email address for the duration of the Promotion Period. Additional registration forms received from any such person/email address thereafter will be void.
The use of any device to automate the registration process is prohibited and all such registrations will be void. Registration form submissions will be accepted throughout the Promotion Period, in accordance with the terms of these Official Rules.
(2) Visit the Game Play page and follow the instructions provided to make your selections. The Game Play page will a feature a player roster for each team on each game day.
(3) Using knowledge of the NBA and NBA players’ skills and statistics, select (1) NBA player from the choices provided for each applicable game day. Each NBA player may only be selected by an entrant once throughout the Promotion Period. The object of the Promotion is to select the NBA player who you believe will collectively accumulate the highest total number of points, rebounds and assists for the applicable game night. You will receive (1) Drive to the Finals Fantasy Game Point for each point, rebound and assist each of your selected NBA player accumulate on their designated game night, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. For example, if a selected NBA player accumulates (12) points, (4) rebounds and (4) assists on the given game night, you will gain a total of (20) Drive to the Finals Fantasy Game Points.
(4) Selections can be made and/or modified up to five minutes before the first game of each applicable game day in accordance with the posted deadlines. Selections are final as of the applicable deadline as determined by Sponsor. Your last selection that is received by the applicable deadline will be used to tabulate your Drive to the Finals Fantasy Game Points. Selections cannot be modified for any game in progress or already completed. Drive to the Finals Fantasy Game Point(s) will not be awarded if a selection is not made for a game day, the selected NBA player does not play in the designated game for any reason, or the selected NBA player does not obtain any points, rebounds or assists in the designated game.
(5) All selections must be accepted and acknowledged by the computer servers by the applicable deadline (as determined by Sponsor) to be considered valid, timely, and eligible.
Released Parties are not responsible for lost, incomplete, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled, late, delayed, undelivered or misdirected registrations, entries or selections, NBA player selections and submissions; theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; failures or malfunctions of phones, phonelines or telephone systems; interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication; traffic congestion on the Internet or for any technical problem, including but not limited to any injury or damage to Participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this Promotion; errors in these Official Rules, in any Promotion-related advertisements or other materials; the selection or announcement of potential winners or the distribution of prizes; the cancellation, suspension or preemption of games, injuries or other unavailability of players, scoring tabulation or timing errors or other problems or errors of any kind whether mechanical, human, electronic, typographical, printing or otherwise.
Potential winners will be determined on or about 7/6/06. (1) Grand Prize and (10) Runner Up Prizes will be awarded to the Participants who accumulate the highest number of Drive to the Finals Fantasy Game Points cumulatively for the entire Promotion Period, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
In the event of a tie for the Grand or Runner Up Prizes, the potential winner for the prize at issue will be deemed the Participant that accumulated the highest overall number of cumulative Drive to the Finals Fantasy Game Points for the final week of the Promotion Period from any such tied entries. If a tie still exists, from among the remaining pool of tied Participants, the Participant with the highest overall number of cumulative Drive to the Finals Fantasy Game Points for the week previous to the final week of the Promotion Period will be declared the potential winner, and so forth. Tiebreakers will continue backwards in this manner using the previous week’s cumulative Drive to the Finals Fantasy Game Point total until the tie among the remaining tied Participants is broken. If a tie still exists after the above tie-breakers have been invoked, a random drawing from among the final remaining pool of tied Participants will be conducted to award the Grand or Runner-Up Prize.
Weekly Prizes/(1) Weekly Prize Per Week
: Potential Weekly Prize winners will be determined following the conclusion of each respective week of the Promotion Period. (1) Weekly Prize will be awarded to the Participant who accumulates the highest number of Drive to the Finals Fantasy Game Points cumulatively for the applicable week. The Promotion is scheduled to end no later than 6/22/06 (Game 7 of the NBA Finals 2006) if the NBA Finals 2006 Champion is named prior to Game 7, the Promotion will end on that date. The total number of Weekly Prizes awarded will be determined by the total number of weeks in which the NBA Playoffs 2006 and NBA Finals 2006 are played.
In the event of a tie for any Weekly Prize, the potential winner will be deemed the Participant that accumulated the highest number of Drive to the Finals Fantasy Game Points for the final game day of the applicable week. If a tie still exists, from among the remaining pool of tied Participants, the Participant with the highest number of Drive to the Finals Fantasy Game Points for the game day previous to the final game day of the applicable week will be declared the potential winner, and so forth. Tiebreakers will continue backwards in this manner using the previous day’s Drive to the Finals Fantasy Game Point total until the tie among the remaining tied Participants is broken. If a tie still exists after the above tie-breakers have been invoked, a random drawing from among the final remaining pool of tied Participants will be conducted to award the applicable Weekly Prize.
The tabulation of Drive to the Finals Fantasy Game Points and identification of potential winners will be conducted by judges whose decisions are final and binding with respect to these Official Rules and in all other matters relating to this Promotion, including tabulation of Drive to the Finals Fantasy Game Points for each game. Prizes will be awarded to the person named on the applicable NBA.com registration form regardless of whether that is the name of the authorized account holder of the email address from which said NBA.com registration form was submitted (subject to verification of eligibility and the terms of these Official Rules). Potential winners will be notified by email, phone or mail as necessary throughout the Promotion Period. If an eligible minor is selected as a potential winner, applicable prize will be awarded in the name of said minor’s parent or legal guardian and he/she will be responsible for complying with all requirements imposed on winners set forth herein. Limit one Weekly Prize per Participant for duration of Promotion Period.
In the event that any game during the Promotion Period is canceled, suspended (and not resumed) or preempted (and not resumed) for any reason, applicable Weekly Prize will be awarded based on the Drive to the Finals Fantasy Game Points accumulated for those games played during said week. If no such games are played, the applicable Weekly Prize will not be awarded.
Prizes: (1) Grand Prize
: $25,000 Autotrader.com voucher which must be used towards purchase of a vehicle on Autotrader.com (Approximate Retail Value "ARV"=$25,000). Federal, state and local taxes, insurance, licensing, registration, title fees, acquisition fees, destination charges, freight delivery, any costs associated with purchasing and collecting the vehicle, and any options not included with automobile as designated by Sponsor, and all other expenses not specified and related to the acceptance and use of the Grand Prize are winner’s sole responsibility. Winner must comply with all terms and conditions as specified by Autotrader.com. (10) Runner-Up Prizes
: Neverflat Basketballs by Spalding (ARV=$39.99). Weekly Prizes/(1) Weekly Prize Per Week
: Sony PSP (ARV=$200US). Total maximum ARV of all prizes=$27,199.90.
: No transfer, assignment, cash redemption, or substitution of prizes (or portion thereof) except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability and then for a prize (or applicable portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Federal, state and locals as all other costs and expenses associated with acceptance or use of the prizes not specified herein as being awarded are the sole responsibility of the winners. Grand Prize winner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and (where legal) Publicity Release within 5 days of date of issuance of notification. Failure to return such documents within the specified time period, if any prize notification letter or prize is returned as undeliverable, or in the event of noncompliance with these rules, such winner will be disqualified and, at Sponsor’s discretion, the runner-up for the week at issue may be notified. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to: 1.) disqualify any person (and void his/her Points) who tampers with the entry process, the operation of NBA.com, or any other component of this Promotion, or who is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules and 2.) modify, suspend or terminate this Promotion (or any portion thereof) should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes, including but not limited to war, strikes, and/or acts of God, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Promotion and, in the event of termination or suspension, at its discretion, award prizes for completed portions of the Promotion to the highest scoring eligible non-suspect Participants as of the event requiring such termination or suspension. By participating, Participants (if minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and agree that: 1.) Released Parties and their designees and assigns may use (unless prohibited by law) such Participant’s name, city, state, province and/or territory of residence, photograph and/or likeness for advertising and/or trade purposes and/or for the purpose of posting their name, user name and/or Drive to the Finals Fantasy Game Point Total on NBA.com or on any NBA telecast and/or for any other purpose in any media or format now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without further compensation, permission or notification and 2.) Released Parties shall have no liability and will be held harmless for any liability, loss, injury or damage, including, without limitation, personal injury to Participant or any other person or death or damage to personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or prize activity related thereto or participation in this Promotion.
: For the winners’ names (available after 8/22/06), send a stamped, self-addressed envelope for receipt by 8/8/06 to: the Drive to the Finals Presented by AutoTrader.com Winners, P.O. Box 13199, Bridgeport, CT 06673-3199.
: NBA Properties, Inc., 645 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10022.
: Project Support Team, Inc., 100 Mill Plain Road, Danbury, CT 06811/www.projectsupportteam.com.