NBA.com Pick One Challenge Official Rules.
No Purchase Necessary To Participate Or Win.
Purchasing Will Not Increase Your Chances Of Winning.
Many Will Enter, Few Will Win.
Void in Quebec and Where Prohibited By Law.
This Game May Not Be Used To Conduct, Advertise Or Promote Any Form Of Gambling.
Eligibility: NBA.com Pick One Challenge ("Promotion") is open to legal residents (natural persons only) of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding residents of Quebec) who are 13 years of age or older at time of registration ("Participants"). Eligible minors must obtain their parent's or legal guardian's consent prior to participation. Employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents of NBA Properties, Inc., ("Sponsor"), NBA Media Ventures, LLC, the National Basketball Association and its member teams, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, governors, owners, distributors, retailers, advertising/promotion agencies and Project Support Team, Inc. ("P/S/T") (collectively, "Released Parties") and the immediate family members (parent, spouse, sibling or child, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, state, and local laws.
Promotion Period: Registration for the Game will begin at 3:00:00PM Eastern Time ("ET") on 10/8/08 and end five (5) minutes prior to the start of the first game on 4/15/09, which end date is subject to change dependent upon the NBA schedule. The Promotion Period starts at 3:00:00PM ET on 10/28/08 and ends prior to the final buzzer of the last game on 4/15/09 (last game date is subject to change dependent upon the NBA schedule). For the purposes of this Promotion, a week will begin at 12:00:01AM ET Sunday and end at 11:59:59PM ET on the following Saturday, except for the first week of the Game, which will begin at 3:00:00PM ET on 10/28/08 and end at 11:59:59PM ET on 11/1/08 and the last week of the Game, which will begin at 12:00:01 AM ET on 4/12/09 and end five (5) minutes prior to the start of the first game on 4/15/09. The Game and participation in the Game are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. The Game includes all NBA regular season games.
(1) Visit www.NBA.com during the Promotion Period. If you are a registered member of NBA.com, you may immediately link to the Game Play page using your previously designated user name and password from www.NBA.com to participate in the Promotion. If you are not a registered member of NBA.com, you must register before participating in this Promotion. Registration is free, as is participation in this Promotion. To register, complete and submit the NBA User Registration form according to the instructions provided. As part of the registration process, you will be asked if you wish to receive promotional emails from the NBA. Consenting to receive promotional emails is optional and is not required for membership or participation in this Promotion and does not affect your chances of winning. Upon completion of the registration process, you may link to the Game Play page using your newly designated user name and password from www.NBA.com to participate in the Promotion. Limit one (1) NBA User Registration form submission per person and per email address for the duration of the Promotion Period. Additional registration forms received from any such person or email address thereafter will be void. The use of any device to automate or subvert the registration process is prohibited and all such registrations will be void. Registration form submissions will be accepted throughout the Promotion Period, in accordance with the terms of these Official Rules.
(2) Visit the Game Play page and follow the instructions provided to make your selections. The Game Play page will feature a player roster for each team on each game day.
(3) Using knowledge of the NBA and NBA players' skills and statistics, select one (1) NBA player from the choices provided for each applicable game day. Each NBA player may only be selected by an entrant once throughout the Promotion Period. The object of the Promotion is to select the NBA player who you believe will collectively accumulate the highest total number of points, rebounds and assists for the applicable game night. You will receive one (1) NBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Point for each point, rebound and assist your selected NBA player accumulates on his designated game night, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. For example, if a selected NBA player accumulates twelve (12) points, four (4) rebounds and four (4) assists on the given game night, you will gain a total of twenty (20) NBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points. If the chosen NBA player is a Rookie then you will receive two (2) NBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points for each point, rebound and assist your selected NBA Rookie player accumulates on his designated game night, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. For example, if a selected NBA Rookie player accumulates twelve (12) points, four (4) rebounds and four (4) assists on the given game night, you will gain a total of twenty (40) NBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will determine whether a given player qualifies as a Rookie.
(4) Selections can be made and/or modified up to five (5) minutes before the first game of each applicable game day in accordance with the posted deadlines. Selections are final as of the applicable deadline as determined by Sponsor. Your last selection that is received by the applicable deadline will be used to tabulate your NBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points. Selections cannot be modified for any game in progress or already completed. NBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Point(s) will not be awarded if a selection is not made for a game day, the selected NBA player does not play in the designated game for any reason, the selected NBA player does not obtain any points, rebounds or assists in the designated game, or the game is cancelled, postponed or rescheduled for any reason.
(5) All selections must be accepted and acknowledged by the computer servers by the applicable deadline (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to be considered valid, timely, and eligible.
Released Parties are not responsible for lost, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled, late, delayed, stolen, undelivered or misdirected registrations, entries, NBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points, NBA player selections and submissions; theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries or registrations; failures or malfunctions of phones, phonelines or telephone systems; interrupted or unavailable network, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP), server or other connections; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication; traffic congestion on the Internet or for any technical problem, including but not limited to any injury or damage to Participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in this Promotion; errors in these Official Rules, in any Promotion-related advertisements or other materials; the selection or announcement of potential winners or the distribution of prizes; the cancellation, suspension or preemption of NBA games, injuries or other unavailability of players, scoring tabulation or timing errors or other problems or errors of any kind whether mechanical, human, electronic, typographical, printing or otherwise.
Winner Selection/Notification: Potential winners will be determined on or about 5/18/09. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded to the Participant who accumulates the highest number of NBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points cumulatively for the entire Promotion Period, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion and subject to verification of such Participant's eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules.
In the event of a tie for the Grand Prize, the potential winner will be deemed the Participant that accumulated the highest overall number of cumulative NBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points for the final week of the Promotion Period, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, from any such tied entries. If a tie still exists, from among the remaining pool of tied Participants, the Participant with the highest overall number of cumulative NBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points for the week previous to the final week of the Promotion Period, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be declared the potential winner, and so forth. Tiebreakers will continue backwards in this manner using the previous week's cumulative NBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Point total until the tie among the remaining tied Participants is broken. If a tie still exists after the above tie-breakers have been invoked, a random drawing from among the final remaining pool of tied Participants will be conducted to award the Grand Prize.
Weekly Prizes/(1) Weekly Prize Per Week: Potential Weekly Prize winners will be determined following the conclusion of each respective week of the Promotion Period. (1) Weekly Prize will be awarded to the Participant who accumulates the highest number of NBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points cumulatively for the applicable week, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
In the event of a tie for any Weekly Prize, the potential winner will be deemed the Participant that accumulated the highest number of NBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points for the final game day of the applicable week, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If a tie still exists, from among the remaining pool of tied Participants, the Participant with the highest number of NBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points for the game day previous to the final game day of the applicable week, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be declared the potential winner, and so forth. Tiebreakers will continue backwards in this manner using the previous day's NBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Point total until the tie among the remaining tied Participants is broken. If a tie still exists after the above tie-breakers have been invoked, a random drawing from among the final remaining pool of tied Participants will be conducted to award the applicable Weekly Prize.
Awarding of NBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points is subject to compliance with these Official Rules. The tabulation of NBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points and identification of potential winners will be conducted by judges whose decisions are final and binding with respect to these Official Rules and in all other matters relating to this Promotion, including tabulation of NBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points for each game. Prizes will be awarded to the person named on the applicable NBA.com registration form regardless of whether that is the name of the authorized account holder of the email address from which said NBA.com registration form was submitted (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules). Potential winners will be notified by email, phone or mail as necessary throughout the Promotion Period. If an eligible minor is selected as a potential winner, applicable prize may, at Sponsor's discretion, be awarded in the name of said minor's parent or legal guardian and he/she will be responsible for complying with all requirements imposed on winners set forth herein. Limit one (1) Weekly Prize per Participant and per household for duration of Promotion Period.
In the event that any 2008/2009 NBA regular season game is canceled, suspended (and not resumed) or preempted (and not resumed) for any reason during the Promotion Period, prizes will be awarded based on Points accumulated for those games that occur as scheduled.
Prizes: (1) Grand Prize: $1,000US gift certificate to NBAStore.com, winner's choice of one (1) authentic NBA jersey, and new official Spalding NBA basketball (jersey and basketball are not game used) (Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of Grand Prize $1,280US). (25) Weekly Prizes: $50US gift certificate to NBAStore.com and a box of Upper Deck Hot Prospects basketball cards (ARV=$140US/each). Total ARV of all prizes=$4,500US. Prizes are awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. All prize details are at Sponsor's sole discretion. Gift Certificates subject to certain terms and conditions.
Miscellaneous: No transfer, assignment, cash redemption, or substitution of prizes (or portion thereof) except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or applicable portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Federal, state, provincial and local taxes (including any income and withholding taxes) and all other costs and expenses associated with acceptance or use of the prizes not specified herein as being awarded are the sole responsibility of the winners. Potential Grand Prize winner (and, if an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility (or, if a resident of Canada, a Declaration), Liability Release and (where legal) Publicity Release within five (5) days of date of issuance of notification. Failure to return such documents within the specified time period, if any prize notification letter or prize is returned as undeliverable, or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, such winner will be disqualified and, at Sponsor's discretion, the runner-up for the prize at issue may be notified. If a potential winner is a resident of Canada, he/she will be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone. If he/she answers the skill-testing question incorrectly, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, he/she will be disqualified and, at Sponsor's discretion, runner-up for the prize at issue may be notified. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to: 1.) disqualify any person (and void his/her Points) who tampers with the entry process, the operation of NBA.com, or any other component of this Promotion, or who is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules and 2.) modify, suspend or terminate this Promotion (or any portion thereof) should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes, including but not limited to war, strikes, and/or acts of God, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Promotion and, in the event of termination, at its discretion, award prizes for completed portions of the Promotion (or applicable portion of the Promotion) to the highest scoring eligible non-suspect Participants (as determined by Sponsor) as of the event requiring such termination or suspension. By participating, Participants (and, if eligible minors, their parents or legal guardians) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which are final and binding, and agree that: 1.) Released Parties and their designees and assigns may use (unless prohibited by law) each Participant's name, city, and state of residence, photograph and/or likeness for advertising and/or trade purposes and/or for the purpose of posting their name, user name and/or NBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Point Total on NBA.com or on any NBA telecast and/or for any other purpose in any and all media or format now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without limitation or further compensation, permission or notification and 2.) Released Parties shall have no liability and will be held harmless for any liability, loss, injury or damage, including, without limitation, personal injury to Participant or any other person or death or damage to personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or prize activity related thereto or participation in this Promotion. CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including attorneys' fees) and/or other remedies from any such person(s) responsible for the attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Winners List: For the winners' names (available after 6/22/09), send a stamped, self-addressed envelope for receipt by 6/22/09 to: NBA.com Pick One Challenge Winners, P.O. Box 13106, Bridgeport, CT 06673-3106. Canadian residents may omit return postage.
Sponsor: NBA Properties, Inc., 645 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10022.
Administrator: Project Support Team, Inc., 6 Berkshire Blvd, Bethel, CT 06801/www.projectsupportteam.com.