Name of Competition: Europe Live – Text to win trip for two (2) persons to New York
Competition starts at the beginning of the Minnesota Timberwolves vs Boston Celtics game at the O2 Arena on October 10th, 2008 and ends the moment play commences for the third quarter of that game.
Method & Cost of Entry:
• Entries are made by texting ‘NBA’, your name and seat number to 83200. For example “NBA John Doe Seat 53”.
• Each text costs standard network rates. The total cost will be dependent on your mobile network rate.
• One winner will be drawn at random from all text entries by an independent judge whose decisions are final.
• Entries made after the closing time, or received by NBA Europe after the closing time, will not be entered into the competition, but will still be charged your standard network rate. You will be notified by the arena PA of the competition closing time.
• The competition is open to all residents / nationals of the UK aged 18 years or over, holding a valid passport having not less than 6 months before its expiry at the point of travel.
• Employees of the National Basketball Association (NBA), its affiliates, advertising or promotional agencies, the contest judging organization, or a member of the immediate family or household of any of the above are not eligible. Immediate family refers to “immediate family” means husband, wife, spouse, mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons and daughters, whether or not they reside in the same household.
• By entering the competition all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules.
• By entering this competition, the winner agrees that his/her image and name may be used in publicity materials.
• There is 1 prize for two people to New York to see an NBA game live. The trip will happen between November, 2007 and April, 2008. The prize consists of a two-night break for two people up to the value of £2,500. Included will be two economy class air tickets with American Airlines between the major airport nearest the winner's residence and New York, USA, a twin room, at a 3 star hotel, two tickets for an NBA game and vouchers having a value of not more than $500 for the NBA Store on 5th Avenue.
• All elements of the prize must be redeemed by the end of April, 2008.
• Winners and guests will be responsible for personal travel to and from the airports, medical insurance, gratuities, food and drink, any taxes, passport and visa application fees and all other expenses not specifically described as included in the prize. Any tax liabilities incurred through participation in the promotion are the responsibility of the winners.
• Winners and guests must validate their age and identity before being declared as winners. If the Winner’s nominated guest is under 18 years of age, then that guest must be son or daughter of the Winner, or alternatively the Winner must hold a letter from that guest’s parent granting consent for the guest to travel. Winners must have a valid passport for travel to the United States and, where necessary, a visitor’s visa. They must also fulfill all other applicable entry requirements for entry into the USA. If the proper travel documents are unattainable or requirements are unfulfilled for any reason, the prize will be forfeited. Should any complication arise at immigration upon arrival to the United States that prohibits a winner and/or guest from entering the country that directly correlates to Section 212 (a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, Winner and/or guest will forfeit the prize and NBA Europe will not be held accountable for travel back to the point of origin for the winner and/or guest.
• The NBA Europe reserves the right to substitute any element of the prize. To the full extent permitted by law, NBA Europe is not liable for any costs, liabilities, damages or losses incurred by the winner and / or their companion as a result of taking up the prize.
• The prize is as stated, no cash alternative will be offered.
NBA Europe will not pass on any details to a third party or misuse personal details in any way.
To opt out of any SMS correspondence with NBA Europe, reply or text ‘NBA’ STOP.” to 83200.
Promoter is "NBA Properties",
Avanta Hammersmith Building
, 1 Hammersmith Grove
, London W6 0NB
, United Kingdom
Winner’s name and county of residence can be obtained by writing to Promoter at any time before 31 December 2007.