San Juan Americas Team Camp Fact Sheet
• September 27 – 30, 2012
• San Juan, Puerto Rico
• Top 10 players each from Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Dominican Rep., Mexico and Puerto Rico (60 players total).
• Players ages 17 and under (born 1995 or later).
• Players selected by NBA, NIKE and participating federations.
NBA LEGEND & COACH PARTICIPANTS:
|Ron Harper||NBA Legend||USA|
|John Starks||NBA Legend||USA|
|Tom Barrise||Former NBA Coach||USA|
|Rolando Blackman||Dallas Mavericks||Panama|
|TJ Ford||Former NBA Player||USA|
|Bob MacKinnon||Springfield Armor||USA|
|Jerome Mincy||Former FIBA Player||Puerto Rico|
|Kurt Rambis||Former NBA Coach||USA|
|Miles Simon||Former NBA Player||USA|
• Players will be divided into groups for skill development but play with their countrymen during games.
• Utilization of at least two full FIBA-approved courts, and a total of four baskets.
• Each team will be coached by their accompanying coaches and consulted by the NBA Legends and Coaches.
• There will be daily clinics in the morning to teach fundamentals (passing, shooting, dribbling, one-on-one moves, offense, defense, etc.)
• The camp will also consist of life skills sessions for the participating campers.
• Games will be scheduled for the afternoons and evenings; individual and/or team competitions will be incorporated into the daily schedule and be played for prizes.
• All participating players will be outfitted with Nike apparel and given a Nike gym bag containing mesh practice gear, shoes and socks.
• The camp will incorporate local coaches from Puerto Rico selected by Puerto Rican Basketball Federation to observe the camp and participate in coaching sessions.