Remembering No. 1
- Bulls forward Elton Brand knows just what the prospects are going through in the hours before Wednesday's draft, since he was the No. 1 pick in 1999. He shared his memories and evaluated his former Duke teammate, Shane Battier in a live chat on June 27.
The Quotable Coach
- Celtics head coach Jim O'Brien left Boston's war room long enough to discuss his three first round picks and plans for next season in a live chat on June 27.
- Jazz forward Quincy Lewis has two years of NBA education under his belt after being Utah's first round pick in 1999 and he discussed his experiences in a live chat on June 26.
Say Hi to the Sports Guy
|Boston Sports Guy|
- The Celtics have three first round draft picks and plenty of opinions on what to do with them, including that of Bill Simmons, The Boston Sports Guy, who shared his thoughts at length in a live chat on June 26.
- With a little more than 24 hours to go before he becomes an NBA player, draft prospect and former Michigan State guard Jason Richardson talked about his strengths, his excitement and his plans for not sleeping tonight in a live chat.
- Jazz Director of Scouting David Fredman offered his thoughts on the late first-round prospects and building a youth movement among Utah's venerable veterans in a live chat on June 25.
Scouting for the Celtics
- The Celtics have three first round picks in NBA Draft 2001 and GM Chris Wallace had no qualms about discussing any of the prospects when he dished with fans as part of Monday's draft chat madness.
- Hawks general manager Pete Babcock talked about keeping his young nucleus together and Atlanta's draft strategy in a live chat on June 25.
Big Apple's Big Cheese
- Knicks President and General Manager Scott Layden gave an overview of his team's situation with two second-round draft picks and his favorite draft selection of all time in a live chat on June 25.
- The NBA's Director of Scouting, Marty Blake has half a century of experience ranking and evaluating pro prospects. He imparted some of his wisdom about the 2001 hopefuls in a live chat on June 25.
Greenberg's Crystal Ball
- NBA.com Draft analyst Brad Greenberg can't really see into the future, but he could evaluate pre-draft workouts and give his predictions for NBA Draft 2001 in a live chat on June 22.
- New Jersey head coach Byron Scott shared which potential draftees have caught his eye, offseason plans for the Nets and how the present Lakers compare to his Showtime days in a live chat on May 31.
- Hawks head coach Lon Kruger chatted live on May 16 about the Hawks' postseason plans and his thoughts on the upcoming draft.
- On the heels of his first season as Seattle's head coach, Nate McMillan talked about the Sonics' needs and prospects for the upcoming draft in a live chat on May 15.