LEGENDS ANNOUNCE 2013-14 CHARITABLE PARTNERS
24 HOME GAMES HIGHLIGHT 24 CHARITIES
The Texas Legends are proud to announce 24 charitable partnerships for the 2013-14 season. The Legends will be the first team in NBA Development League history to host 24 specialty jersey nights, all of which are charitably themed. Each home game, the team will wear a different jersey representing a local, regional or national charity—providing a tremendous amount of exposure and awareness to the charity.
The growth to 24 nights has come a long way in a short amount of time. The team’s inaugural season (2010-11) saw the team host two specialty jersey nights, while 2011-12 saw six. Last season, the team hosted 13 charitable nights and saw such a success in the outreach and awareness for the charity that team management chose to dedicate all 24 home games this year to charitable causes.
Previous nights have seen significant donations (including a donation of $20,000 from ZTE to Boys and Girls Clubs of Collin County), an increase in volunteer applications, more than 1,000 media outlets covering the event, and more than 150,000 impressions across the world.
This season, the evenings vary in scale on size of charity and of sponsor, but each night has a unique purpose and passion. The full schedule of specialty jersey nights including sponsors follows.
- Friday, Nov. 22 vs Fort Wayne—PCS Night Presented by HCFS
- Saturday, Nov. 23 vs Fort Wayne—FCA Night
- Saturday, Nov. 30 vs Tulsa—CityHouse Night Presented by the Jan Richey Team
- Saturday, Dec. 7 vs Austin—Faith and Family Night Presented by Thrivent Financial
- Friday, Dec. 13 vs Rio Grande Valley—Guns & Hoses Night Presented by SunAmerica Mutual Funds
- Saturday, Dec. 14 vs Austin—City Square Night
- Wednesday, Dec. 18 vs Springfield—American Heart Association Night Presented by Ryan, LLC
- Saturday, Jan. 11 vs Rio Grande Valley—Hispanic Heritage Night Presented by TCRHCC
- Saturday, Jan. 18 vs Austin—Military Night Presented by Swypit.com Benefiting American Fallen Soldiers Project
- Friday, Jan. 24 vs Rio Grande Valley—Frisco Education Foundation Night Presented by Postel & Collins
- Saturday, Jan. 25 vs Santa Cruz—The Salvation Army Night Presented by Smith Thompson Home Security
- Friday, Jan. 31 vs Rio Grande Valley—Relay 4 Life Night Presented by Credit Union of Texas
- Saturday, Feb. 1 vs Rio Grande Valley—Black History Night Presented by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
- Tuesday, Feb. 11 vs Austin—Friends of Wednesday’s Child Night Presented by Ryan, LLC
- Wednesday, Feb. 12 vs Austin—Art of Elysium Night Presented by Yohawk Energy
- Wednesday, Feb. 26 vs Tulsa—Living 4 Zachary Night Presented by The Heart Hospital Baylor Plano
- Thursday, Feb. 27 vs Los Angeles—Team Rubicon Night Presented by The Home Depot
- Saturday, Mar. 1 vs Los Angeles—Wipe Out Kids’ Cancer Night Presented by JCPenney
- Wednesday, Mar. 5 vs Bakersfield—Philanthropy Night Presented by Tour de Profit
- Thursday, Mar. 6 vs Iowa—Austin Street Night Presented by Central KIA
- Friday, Mar. 14 vs Maine—Vogel Alcove Night
- Saturday, Mar. 15 vs Tulsa—Pancreatic Cancer Night Presented by Parrot Icce
- Wednesday, Mar. 19 vs Bakersfield—Boys and Girls Clubs of Collin County Night
- Saturday, Apr. 5 vs Idaho—Green Night Presented by Quest Recycling