Vipers and Academy Sports + Outdoors Go To Work Sweepstakes 2012 Rules and Registration Form
Please read all rules carefully before entering.
The Rio Grande Valley Vipers are conducting a ‘Go To Work Sweepstakes’ promotion presented by Academy Sports + Outdoors for the 2011-12 Vipers Season.
The contest will serve as the beginning of a register-to-win promotion that will provide Four (4) participants with an opportunity to be witness to various positions with the Vipers for a day.
The contest will run during the 2011-12 Vipers Season and four (4) winners will participate on April 6, 2012 during the Vipers home game against the Reno Bighorns held at the State Farm Arena.
At this seasons games, all Vipers fans will be asked to go to the Vipers Customer Service booth to sign up for the promotion presented by Academy Sports + Outdoors. Vipers fans unable to make it to the game can pick up a card at the Vipers Pro Shop or go online at rgvipers.com. Sign up cards will also be placed at Academy Sports + Outdoors locations.
The winner will be contacted by phone and mail no later than April 2, 2012 for the first drawing.
- No purchase necessary. Purchases do not increase odds of winning.
- Sweepstakes open to residents of McAllen, Texas and the surrounding area within 75 miles of McAllen except employees, officers, directors, partners, members and agents, and their respective immediate family members and members of their same households (spouse, parents, siblings, and children), RGV Basketball LLC, the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates.
- To enter, complete the entry form on the ‘Go To Work Sweepstakes’ card which is provided to fans when they enter the arena for the 2011-12 Vipers Season, at the Vipers Pro Shop on 4500 N. 10th Street in McAllen, or enter online at www.rgvipers.com by completing the online registration form. To determine eligibility while entering online, the online registration form will require each registrant’s zip code. If a registrant’s zip code is not within 75 miles of McAllen, the entry will not be permitted. Promotion begins January 25,2012. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. CST on March 31, 2012. No limit on number of entries. Four (4) participants will be chosen at random by the Vipers to be the winners and will be notified of such selection by telephone or mail within two (2) days of the drawing. In the event the selected participant cannot be contacted or declines the prize, such participant will be disqualified and a new participant will be selected at random by the Vipers to be the winner from all eligible entries.
- Four (4) Grand Prizes are a chance to be the president of the company, a coach for the Vipers, a reporter, or even the owner of the Vipers. Each position has one (1) prize available; one (1) per drawing. The winning prize is non-transferable to any other person, including relatives or friends.
- Winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes and any expenses associated with receipt and use of the prize. No substitution, cash equivalent or transfer of prize permitted except at the Vipers’ option for a prize of comparable or greater value.
- Chances of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
- A winner list can be obtained by writing RGV Basketball LLC, 4500 N. 10th Street, Suite 315, McAllen, TX 78504.
- By entering, entrant agrees to follow the Official Rules and hold harmless and indemnify RGV Basketball LLC, Academy Sports + Outdoors, its advertising and promotional agencies, the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, partners, members, employees and agents (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Parties”) against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of either (I) entrant’s participation in the promotion; (ii) the receipt or use of the prize awarded in the promotion; or (iii) the use of winner’s name, photograph and/or likeness as permitted herein.
- In consideration for being awarded the prize, winner hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of winner’s name, photograph, biographical information and/or likeness in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted by RGV Basketball LLC, Academy Sports + Outdoors, its advertising and promotional agencies, the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, partners, members, employees and agents. Winner further hereby irrevocably waives any right to inspect or to approve any such uses of winner’s name, photograph, biographical information, likeness and/or voice or written statements.
- Winner assumes all liability and risk for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this promotion or the receipt or use of the prize.
- Participant selected to be the winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility/release of liability/prize acceptance form within three (3) days of notification or else the winner will forfeit his or her prize.
- Contest void where prohibited by law.
- It is each participant’s responsibility to ensure that the participant has complied with all of the conditions contained in the Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to correct any typographical, printing, computer programming or operator errors. The Sweepstakes Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer or administration of the sweepstakes or announcement of the prize. The Sweepstakes Parties are not responsible for any lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible or incomplete entries, or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur, and are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, or any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sweepstakes Parties are not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. The Sweepstakes Parties are not responsible for any injury or damage to participants or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sweepstakes Parties which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and/or to select winners from among all eligible entries received prior to the cancellation. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes, or whom Sponsor believes to be causing malfunction, error, disruption or damage will be disqualified and the Sweepstakes Parties reserve all rights and remedies available to them to seek redress for any such tampering or abuse.
- By entering, participant consents to (a) the use of its information provided herein, including, but not limited to, such electronic mail address as is specified by participant and any other personally identifiable information provided by participant, RGV Basketball LLC, Academy Sports + Outdoors, its advertising and promotional agencies, the National Basketball Association and its Member Teams, NBA Properties, Inc., and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, partners, members, employees and agents for any purpose to the extent permitted by law, including the receipt by electronic mail, post mail or other means of marketing, advertising, or promotional material relating to their respective products and services; and (b) the sharing of participant's personally identifiable information, including, but not limited to, such electronic mail address as is specified by participant, with third parties for purposes of initiating commercial electronic mail messages and/or other marketing, advertising or promotional material.
- The sponsor of the sweepstakes is RGV Basketball LLC. Address of the sponsor is listed below.
RGV Basketball LLC
4500 N. 10th Street
McAllen, TX 78504