Top Plays 2012
The D-Fenders 2012 season thus far can be characterized as up and down L.A. won its first two games, lost its next four, reeled off three more wins then dropped the final two games of the calendar year on the road. They currently sit at 5-6 just 1-4 away from Toyota Sports Center third in the West Division behind the Bakersfield Jam and Santa Cruz Warriors.
Lakers assignment player Darius Johnson-Odom currently leads the team in scoring and ranks second in the league at 21.1 points per game, while routinely producing an eye-popping play noteworthy of making the top 10 highlights on SportsCenter.
With that in mind, here is a breakdown of the top 10 D-Fenders plays of 2012.
10. Trailing by 18 at halftime to Reno, the D-Fenders had shaved all but two points off that deficit. With four second left, Orien Greene inbounded the ball and found a wide-open Gary Flowers underneath.
9. And that leads us to our next highlight. Again, LA found themselves trailing by three points in the first overtime to the Bighorns with 10 seconds left. Again, Greene inbounded but his pass was deflected into the backcourt, where Jamario Moon recovered, took a couple dribbles, rose up and fired.
8. With the D-Fenders nursing a five-point lead with under two minutes remaining, Renos 6-foot-6 guard Tony Wroten drove the lane, but D-Fenders 5-foot-11 Courtney Fortson stepped up on defense.
7. After that Fortson block, Jamario Moon recovered the ball and threw it ahead to Darius Johnson-Odom, who took care of the rest.
6. Off a feed from Kevin Murphy, Anthony Richardson was ready to throw down a dunk, but D-Fenders Jarrid Famous was standing in his way.