D-Fenders vs. Skyforce
Here are some interesting tidbits of information covering both the Sioux Falls Skyforce and Los Angeles D-Fenders in advance of Monday’s NBA D-League Showcase matchup. Tip-off is at 6:30 p.m.:
NBA D-LEAGUE SHOWCASE
The NBA D-League Showcase is a five-day, 17-game event featuring all 17 NBA D-League teams. General managers, player personnel staff and scouts from each of the 30 NBA teams attend to evaluate the league's top prospects to try and find the next NBA Call-Up. Per the NBA D-League, more than 25 percent of players on current NBA rosters have NBA D-League experience, many of whom have participated in the Showcase.
SIOUX FALLS SKYFORCE
- The Skyforce have lost three of their last four games after starting the season 10-2.
- Tre Kelley was acquired from the Austin Toros on Saturday, and scored 15 points in his Sioux Falls debut against the Bakersfield Jam on Sunday.
- DeAndre Liggins has scored at least 20 points in three of the last five games. In the two previous meetings against the D-Fenders, he averaged 25.5 points, 9.0 rebounds, 5.5 assists and 1.5 blocks on 50.0 percent shooting from the floor.
- Justin Hamilton is averaging 19.1 points and 8.9 rebounds on the year, but those averages are down to 15.0 points and 5.3 boards in the last three contests. He had two double-doubles against the D-Fenders in the previous two meetings between the teams thus far (17 points and 10 rebounds on Dec. 27 and 27 points, 10 rebounds on Dec. 28).
- Henry "Bill" Walker, a former second-round pick (47th overall) of the Washington Wizards in 2008, has scored in double figures in four straight, including a season-high 26 points at Fort Wayne on Dec. 30.
- Anthony Mason Jr., son of former NBA player Anthony Mason, is averaging 6.6 points and 3.7 rebounds for the year, but has seen an uptick in production in the last three games: 12.3 points and 7.3 rebounds.
- Sioux Falls ranks third in opponent points per game (98.3), but has allowed 100-plus points in five straight contests.
LOS ANGELES D-FENDERS
- The D-Fenders have won four straight games and five of their last six. In their last six games, they are averaging 112.5 points and holding opponents to 42.9 percent field goals and 27.8 percent from the three-point line. L.A. has held its last three opponents (at Idaho, at Reno and vs. Bakersfield) to under 100 points.
- The D-Fenders lead the league in turnovers forced per game (22.8). They forced 32 in their 110-99 win over Bakersfield on Saturday, Jan. 4.
- Josh Magette leads the league with a 4.5 assist-to-turnover ratio and is shooting 40.7 percent from the three-point line. He is averaging 8.2 assists in his last five games, which would rank first in the league. Magette also highlights the list as one of the most intriguing players at the 2014 Showcase.
- Terrence Williams (previously played in Turkey), acquired on Dec. 31 via successful waiver claim, made his D-Fenders debut against Bakersfield on Jan. 4 and scored 12 points in 24 minutes off the bench.
- Manny Harris ranks second in the league in scoring (27.9 points per game). Harris has attempted at least 10 free throws in six straight games, and seven of his nine contests with the D-Fenders.
- C.J. Williams ranks eighth in three-point field-goal percentage (47.7) and Jamario Moon ranks 13th (44.6) among players with at least five games played in the league. In the last six games, Moon is shooting 21 of 35 from beyond the arc (60.0 percent). The D-Fenders rank second in the league in three-point makes per game (11.9) and fourth in three-point field-goal percentage (36.1).