D-Fenders at Stampede 12/30/13
Here are some interesting tidbits of information covering both the Idaho Stampede and Los Angeles D-Fenders in advance of Mondayís matchup. Tip-off is at 6:00 p.m.:IDAHO STAMPEDE
- Since starting the season 8-0, Idaho is just 1-4 in their last five games. During that span, they are allowing an average of 111.4 points and their opponents are shooting 48.3 percent from the floor and 36.4 percent on three-pointers.
- Pierre Jackson, the No. 2 overall prospect on the NBA D-League Watch Board, leads the league in scoring at 28.5 points per game. In the previous meeting between the two teams on Dec. 21 , Jackson was held to a season-low 11 points on 4 of 17 field goals. Jackson was selected by the Philadelphia 76ers in the second round (42nd overall) in 2013, but was later traded to the New Orleans Pelicans. His rights are still owned by the Pelicans.
- Richard Howell, the No. 14 overall prospect, averages 19.7 points and 11.5 rebounds, which ranks fourth in the league. The North Carolina State product recorded 16 points and six rebounds in the first meeting. Howell appeared in three games for the Denver Nuggets during summer league and one game with the Portland Trail Blazers during the preseason. He has two double doubles in the last three games.
- Dee Bost averages 16.1 points, 8.7 assists (first in the league) and 5.4 rebounds. He is shooting just 34.5 percent from the floor and 29.1 percent on three-pointers. Bost scored 10 points and dished out eight assists in the first meeting between the two teams, but also committed seven turnovers. He grabbed a season high 16 rebounds on Dec. 27 vs. the Texas Legends.
- Christian Kabongo is averaging 16.8 points, 4.5 rebounds and 3.5 assists through four games (two starts) this season.
- The Stampede rank sixth in points per game (108.1) and fourth in field-goal percentage (46.4 percent).
LOS ANGELES D-FENDERS
- C.J. Williams recorded a season high 34 points on 14 of 18 field goals and 5 of 6 on three-pointers at Sioux Falls on Dec. 28. In the last three games, Williams is averaging 25.7 points on 66.0 percent field goals (31 of 47) and 62.5 percent on three-pointers (10 of 16).
- Jamario Moon has scored at least 21 points in two of the last three games. He made a season high six three-pointers at Sioux Falls on Dec. 28. In the last three games, he is averaging 20.7 points, 6.0 rebounds, 2.0 blocks and 4.0 three-pointers.
- Josh Magette recorded 19 assists to just three turnovers in the teamís back-to-back weekend set at Sioux Falls. He ranks third in the league in assists per game (6.5), trailing Sioux Fallsí Larry Drew II (6.9) and Bost (8.7). Magette tied a season high with four steals against the Skyforce on Dec. 28.
- Travis Hyman made his first start at Sioux Falls on Dec. 28 in place of Brandon Costner. He recorded a season high five blocks and grabbed at least four offensive rebounds for the fifth time in the last six games.
- James Southerland hauled in 10 boards (team high) at Sioux Falls on Dec. 28. He is averaging 6.7 points, 6.0 rebounds and 2.3 blocks in three games since being acquired from Canton.