Best Start in Franchise History
BEST START EVER
Idaho is currently riding an 8-game win streak (11 dating back to last season) and is off to its best start ever at 8-0. Since joining the NBA Development League, the Stampede has averaged 3.5 wins through the first 8 games.
• One of the most exciting players in the league right now is Pierre Jackson (Baylor/College of Southern Idaho), the Stampede’s 1st round draft pick in the 2013 NBA D-League Draft. At only 5’10, Jackson leads the league in scoring at 30.9 points per game, including a Stampede single-game record 49 points. But don’t let his size (or lack of) fool you. Jackson has already dunked 6 times in this young season. He is currently ranked as the number 2 NBA prospect by the NBA Development League.
• Richard Howell has certainly made a name for himself in the paint. The 6’8 forward has recorded a double-double in all 8 games so far this year. Howell is ranked as the number 14 NBA prospect by averaging 20.9 points and 12.8 rebounds. It seems that Coach Peck always goes to Howell to stall the opponent’s momentum and swing things back in Idaho’s favor. Richard is 1st in the league in rebounds per game.
• The silent killer for Idaho has been Dee Bost. The guard has been the backbone to the offense all season. A league leader in assists with 9.3 per game, Bost has also averaged 16.3 points and 5.0 rebounds. As Jackson scores and Howell dominates the paint, Bost continues to quietly control the pace of each game and put up consistent numbers.
In addition to a hot start, the Stampede is just flat out fun to watch!
- Idaho scores 111.8 points per game, the highest in franchise history
- 22 of Dallas Lauderdale’s 35 field goals have been dunks (12 of the 22 have been alley-oops)
- Team is shooting 47.5% from the floor (2nd in the league)
- The Stampede makes 10.3 3-pointers per game
- Idaho’s margin of victory is a league-leading 14.6
STAMPEDE INDIVIDUAL-SEASON RECORDS IN JEOPARDY
The Stampede wouldn’t be where they are without head coach Michael Peck. In his second year at the helm, Peck understands that the season is long. “Right now, we’re just staying focused and locked in, game by game” Peck said. “It is so early. This 8-game road trip is going to tell a lot about our team.” So far, so good for Peck as his team has won the first 5 games of that road stretch.
The Portland Trail Blazers (21-4) have definitely played a hand in the Stampede’s success thus far. Richard Howell, Dee Bost and EJ Singler each played for Portland during the 2013-14 NBA preseason, giving Idaho their rights for the NBA D-League season. All basketball decisions go through Portland’s front office. They must have figured something out up there in Oregon as both teams are on top of their divisions in their respective leagues.
COME OUT AND WATCH!
If you haven’t been to a game yet, you’re missing out on the best start in Stampede history. Idaho hosts the Texas Legends when they return to CenturyLink Arena on Dec 27th and 28th. Single game tickets are on sale now and they’re affordable! For more information on tickets, call 208-388-4667.