GR D-LEAGUE SWEEPSTAKES
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins at 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on April 15, 2014 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on April 29, 2014 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: This promotion ("Promotion") is open to individuals 18 years of age or older as of 4/15/14, and who are legal residents of and currently reside within Michigan. Only one (1) prize per household within thirty (30) days of winning any prize in a sweepstakes conducted by Sponsor.
- TO ENTER: All entries must be received by Tuesday, April 29, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. (ET). Limit one (1) entry per person. Visit www.grdleague.com during the Sweepstakes Period and go to the designated entry form. You will then need to enter your full name, e-mail address and team name suggestion to be entered into the Sweepstakes. Multiple entries from any person will be void. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process are void. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all e-mail entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the e-mail account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an e-mail account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an e-mail account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole, reasonable discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
- SELECTION OF WINNER: One (1) potential winner will be selected at random from among all eligible entries on May 2, 2014 (the “Potential Winner”). Where applicable, Potential Winner will be notified by email. The Potential Winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The Potential Winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within 24 hours of the date of notice in order to claim his/her prize and become an official winner (“Official Winner”). If a prize or prize notification is returned as undelivered, a Potential Winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within the required time period, or is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the Potential Winner may be disqualified and forfeits the prize. In the event that a Potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may award the prize to an alternate Potential Winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prize.
- PRIZES AND ODDS: One (1) prize will be awarded, consisting of two (2) season ticket packages. Approximate retail value of prize is valued up to $1,000. One winner will be chosen at random by Sponsor from among all eligible entries. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Seat locations for season ticket packages are determined by Sponsor. Official Winner and guest must comply with all venue rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of prize. If events are cancelled or postponed, no compensation or substitution will be provided. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Official Winner will be responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and fees and other costs and expenses associated with Prize receipt and/or use that are not expressly included in the Prize description, including but not limited to transportation to and from the DeltaPlex Arena, meals and beverages. No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of any prizes permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute prize or prize component with cash or another prize of comparable or greater value. All prize details are at Sponsor’s discretion. Contestants must include with their entries a suggested name for Sponsor basketball team. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine actual team name, which may or may not be selected from among suggestions submitted by entrants.
- PARTICIPATION: By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, and hold harmless and indemnify NBA D-League, and Sponsor, and each of their respective parents, companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of either (i) entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes; (ii) the receipt or use of the Sweepstakes prize awarded; or (iii) Sponsor's or NBA D-League’s use of any suggested team name(s). Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, unauthorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
- RELEASE/LIMITS OF LIABILITY: By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant and Official Winner agrees to release and hold harmless GR D-League, DeltaPlex Arena, the Detroit Pistons, the NBA Entities, their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, employees and all others associated with the development and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any losses, damages, rights, claim or cause of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Sweepstakes or resulting directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any Prize awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy.
- DISPUTES: Each entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan or the appropriate Court located in Michigan; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes and in no event will entrant be permitted to obtain attorneys' fees or other legal costs; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
- SWEEPSTAKES SPONSOR: GR D-League, 234 Division Avenue North, Suite 100, Grand Rapids, MI 49503.
- WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the Official Winner or a copy of these Official Rules, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: GR D-League Sweepstakes, 234 Division Avenue North, Suite 100, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, by May 15, 2014. Please specify Winner’s List or Rules Request.