Erie BayHawks Unveil Official Uniforms
ERIE, October 15, 2008 — The NBA Development League, Erie BayHawks premiered their inaugural home and away uniforms, and also announced an affiliation with Family First Sports Park to become the team’s official practice facility.
“The uniforms are another big step for the BayHawks as the excitement builds towards our home opener, December 11 at the Tullio Arena,” said Bresee. “The use of our colors and word marks make them something Erie can really be proud of.”
Manufactured by NBA Development League sponsor, adidas, the uniforms utilize the team’s black, red, gold and white color scheme. The home white uniforms feature the BayHawks word mark logo, while the black road uniforms are emblazoned with an “Erie” logo. All D-League team road uniforms feature logos identifying the team’s home city.
The uniform shorts feature the BayHawks secondary logo along with the logos of the NBA Development league and the team’s NBA affiliates, the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Philadelphia 76ers.
The BayHawks also announced a partnership with Family First Sports Park to be the team’s official practice facility.
“Family First Sports Park is proud to be named as the Official Practice Facility of Erie’s newest professional sports team, said Gary Smallshaw, Chief Operating Officer, Family First Sports Park. “We hope to work closely with the Erie BayHawks to ensure that professional basketball in Erie will inspire a new generation of young players and their families both in Erie and the surrounding region.”
“The first-class facilities and top notch staff at Family First made this a natural choice for the BayHawks when it came to choosing a practice facility,” said Matt Bresee, Vice President of Business Operations.
One court at the Park has been lined according to NBA Development League regulations and the BayHawks will take the court for the first time when training camp begins on November 16.
BayHawks Uniform Facts
- The BayHawks uniforms were manufactured by NBA Development League sponsor adidas.
- The uniforms feature the BayHawks black, gold, red and white color scheme.
- The white home uniform features the Bayhawks word mark logo.
- The home uniforms feature the adidas trademark triple stripes in black, with player names in red and numbers in black.
- The black road uniforms are emblazoned with an “Erie” logo.
- All NBA Development League road uniforms feature the team’s home city in the logo.
- The road uniforms feature the trademark adidas triple stripes in gold, with player names in white and numbers in white with red outlines.
- The uniform shorts feature the BayHawks secondary logo.
- Also prominent on the shorts are the logos of the NBA Development League and the logos of the BayHawks NBA affiliates; the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Philadelphia 76ers.